By OakStake - 08/12/2013 22:07 - United States - New York

Today, my elderly neighbor along with our community church's priest came to my house and demanded to "give them the girl". The girl is my 3-year-old daughter, who has natural born red irises and is photo-sensitive. And yes, we are also Romanian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 307
You deserved it 3 420

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people are just crazy, don't mind them. I'm sure your daughter is beautiful.

VengeanceChicken 12

Just slowly close the door and whisper "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeee...."

Comments

Being a Romanian, I can definitely feel your pain OP. I used to work nights because I hated the sun lol. As for their exorcism on the girl...just do it when she reads Twilight.

I would actually be worried, a bunch of crazy religious people is the last thing you want against you

my phone went to shit I meant to say "just wait until she has westboro in her back yard"

IworkAt711 14

Westboro hates everyone. I don't think that would make a difference.

perdix 29

Still a better story than "Twilight." No, wait, that IS the story of "Twilight!" Is she sparkly like Edward?

olpally 32

How rare is that? I've never heard of red irises?

It happens with some albinoes. She could be either compltely albino or just partially.

nightowl713 25

Actually there is NO recorded case of a natural red iris. However albinos eyes can give off a red hue but only because they lack pigment to give off a "real" color. What you are seeing is the blood vessels in the eye itself. So either OPs daughter is a medical marvel, or affected by the aforementioned lack of pigment.

why the **** do you expect OP to post "my daughter born with no pigment in her eyes so it gives the illusion of being red but really their colorless"

I had forgot about the appearance of an albinos eyes! I hope OP replies, I would very much like to know if the kid is an albino. If so, the neighbor and priest's reaction is no better than the sicking superstition seen in many villages throughout Africa!

nightowl713 25

#76 I did not expect OP to do anything. I was answering number 20's question. Way to over react.

I just want to say that red eye color isn't impossible. Ruby red eye color is unheard of yes, but a lot of people have purple/red eyes. It's a trick of the true eye color against the blood vessels behind it. A few of my cousins have the purple/red eye color(depends on the lighting) even though they are brown kids like me.

There may not be red irises, but maroon is well documented.

SailorSolaris 43

The retina of the eye is red. Without pigment to conceal that, the red of the retina is all that you see. Now I'm no medical expert, but this is my belief on this matter. I do ask that, if I'm wrong, someone let me know.

perdix 29

Neighbors like that can drive you batty! With so much at stake, you could get bloody cross!

Red eyes? Your daughter must have Prussian blood within her...

Iv read that its impossible to have natural red irises. Maybe their a weird brown.

is this a reference to what i think it is?

catsie_fml 14

Does her skin have a natural sparkle, too?

hold on, I'm making my torch and my friends grabbing his pitchfork. be there in a minute

I'm Romanian also and have had people tease me about being a vampire but... that's just crazy! FYL for sure!