By glowstick - 30/06/2009 06:07 - United States

Today, my dog ate my little brothers medication. I spent all morning trying to make him throw it up, but it wasn't working so I took him to the animal hospital, which was in a different city. $150 in poison control and vet bills later, I found the pill we thought he ate stuck under his paw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 659
You deserved it 8 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Snuwishuhad 0

Aw, don't feel bad, you were probably very stressed while worrying for your dog's life. It's also sweet how adamant you were to try and help! Some people abandom their pets. Sorry about the $150 though, that is kind of unfortunate. But, hey, if it weren't under his paw then you'd regret not making all your efforts :)

Aww that sucks so much x(. It's good you went to such great lengths to make sure your dog was okay, but look at it this way...it's a good thing he hadn't actually swallowed the pill. FYL though, definitely.

Comments

Hey KennyP55, did you ever think that as his little brother took the meds he might have dropped a pill on the floor and the dog ran over to it? No, probably not because you were too busy acting like a douchebag. The OP even said "the pill." They didn't find a bottle of pills stuck to the dog's paw. OP, that sucks. Good job trying to care for your dog though. Most people would be like, stupid dog. Whatever happens happens.

I am kind of new to FML so can anyone please tell what OP and FTW mean?  Oh and BTW, for my reply to this FML, you should always check everywhere before you jump to conclusions. sucks though.

OP= Original Poster, (the one who posted the topic) FTW= For The Win

KennyP55 just die since you are just so perfect. If your child went and swallowed a bottle of bleach would you go "Hmmm, let me look on the Internet for the side effects." No, you would rush them to the hospital. FYL OP for your situation. That blows

I'm having trouble following your logic. I should die simply because I disagree with the way the situation was handle? Listen people, I absolutely love dogs. What I'm saying is that acting calmly in the situation is always going to be a better idea than panicking. This can prevent some extremely inconvenient events. Jesus.

Don't worry, I'm with you #58. And as for the internet, in most cases, if you know how to use it for research, spending just two quick minutes looking medications/side effects/treatments up can be very beneficial. Hell, not only could it save you money, it could save your dogs life in a case where time is critical and starting a treatment (for example, making the dog throw up) immediately rather than 15 minutes later when you get to the vet could mean the difference between life and death. Of course, calling the vet would probably produce the same results, but either way, point is, remaining calm, thinking clearly, analyzing the situation, and not freaking out/panicking is not only the better option in situations like these, it's the ONLY option. Panic is just likely to lead to a worse situation such as the death of your pet.

kitties_fml 12

if a dog (or human) ingests something that could potentially poison him, inducing vomiting is the way to go.

The vet screwed you. When my parents puppy ate her blood pressure the said give her peroxide. She lapped it up and then barfed like crazy.

twilightfann23 0

Well at leaste the puppy wasn't poisened or anything.

...and then the vet would tell you how to make the dog throw up.

RLJJ 0

Why in hell would you want your dog to throw up ? Was you brother's medication a poison ? You're really a king size moron if you think that a single pill prescribed for a human can hurt a dog ! Shit, man, use your brains !

Are you kidding? Human medicine is absolutely NOT meant for animal consumption! Even some human FOODS can be dangerous to pets! I hope you don't have any pets.... Use YOUR brains!

RLJJ 0

It's right that pizza, mc donalds, potato chips and all that kind of stuff will ruin a house dog's health...

Because if you, your child, your dog, etc ingest medication that could have harmful side effects, inducing vomiting will get it out of their system? It's not like vomiting is fatal most of the time. It's not fun but pick one: 1. Stick your pinky down your throat or feed your dog Hydrogen Peroxide (Which is not toxic by ANY means, it's in a lot of toothpastes and tooth whiteners.) 2. Spend several hundred - thousand dollars getting your stomach pumped at the hospital or having the vet flush your dog's system. 3. Sit at home and die/watch it die. Uh... Yeah.

Better safe than sorry, right? At least you are a responsible pet owner. :)