By glowstick - 30/06/2009 06:07 - United States

Today, my dog ate my little brothers medication. I spent all morning trying to make him throw it up, but it wasn't working so I took him to the animal hospital, which was in a different city. $150 in poison control and vet bills later, I found the pill we thought he ate stuck under his paw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 659
You deserved it 8 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Snuwishuhad 0

Aw, don't feel bad, you were probably very stressed while worrying for your dog's life. It's also sweet how adamant you were to try and help! Some people abandom their pets. Sorry about the $150 though, that is kind of unfortunate. But, hey, if it weren't under his paw then you'd regret not making all your efforts :)

Aww that sucks so much x(. It's good you went to such great lengths to make sure your dog was okay, but look at it this way...it's a good thing he hadn't actually swallowed the pill. FYL though, definitely.

Comments

I work in a Vet Emergency Clinic and we had a client bring in his dog that had eaten rat bait. After he spent $87 on the exam fee as well as another $30 or so, we realized the rat bait was a "safe bait" that only affected rodents. It was made of corn cobs and molasses. The owner (and all of us) were sure happy that it wasn't more serious! Toxicities can be very pricey to treat if the animal isn't seen in time, and the prognosis could be a lot worse. And since I've seen some ignorant comments about "looking up the drug interaction"; the fastest and most accurate source of information for possible animal toxicity is animal poison control. Yes, you have to pay for this service, but you have to pay to call human poison control as well. A man at my work refused to spend the extra money to see if tea tree oil was harmful to his dog, sadly his dog died because he wouldn't believe that something safe for humans could possibly be unsafe for dogs.

SexyMexi21 23

Now you know. check the paws before making him barf up everything. I admire you for the clear love of your pet :) teach him the "leave it" command and you shall be safe :)

consumer1234567 4

haven't you ever read any warnings? never force something to vomit unless instructed by poison control

FYL. Good on you for taking care of your dog, we all make silly mistakes at times.