By glowstick - 30/06/2009 06:07 - United States

Today, my dog ate my little brothers medication. I spent all morning trying to make him throw it up, but it wasn't working so I took him to the animal hospital, which was in a different city. $150 in poison control and vet bills later, I found the pill we thought he ate stuck under his paw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 659
You deserved it 8 202

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Snuwishuhad 0

Aw, don't feel bad, you were probably very stressed while worrying for your dog's life. It's also sweet how adamant you were to try and help! Some people abandom their pets. Sorry about the $150 though, that is kind of unfortunate. But, hey, if it weren't under his paw then you'd regret not making all your efforts :)

Aww that sucks so much x(. It's good you went to such great lengths to make sure your dog was okay, but look at it this way...it's a good thing he hadn't actually swallowed the pill. FYL though, definitely.

Comments

finally a responsible pet owner. i know that panic when you think something is wrong with your dog. Now you know that hydrogen peroxide can make a dog vomit and you'll try that and check your dog's paws next time. things happen with medication. dogs can be very clever when they want something.

Well just to rub some salt in the wound... You could have pumped your dog's stomach by force feeding him some peroxide (Was told to this by the vet when we thought our dog ate rat poison). Solution would have cost you less than $1.00

He's a 5 month old Bichone Frise...he's still a tiny untrained puppy, and the dose that my brother took was lethal to a dog his size, the vet even told us that if he HAD eaten it, it would have killed him.

#51 The vet still screwed you. Peroxide.

Chickensquadgal9 0

What did you do to your dog to try to get it to throw up?

Cinnabar 0

Hey, $150 is not bad at all! A lot of vets here in Vegas would probably charge way more just because it's an "emergency" procedure.

were I come from, if a dog gets sick... it dies

tigerarmy_13 0

so were u planning on giving ur little brother this medication out of ur dogs mouth?