By glowstick - 30/06/2009 06:07 - United States

Today, my dog ate my little brothers medication. I spent all morning trying to make him throw it up, but it wasn't working so I took him to the animal hospital, which was in a different city. $150 in poison control and vet bills later, I found the pill we thought he ate stuck under his paw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 659
You deserved it 8 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Snuwishuhad 0

Aw, don't feel bad, you were probably very stressed while worrying for your dog's life. It's also sweet how adamant you were to try and help! Some people abandom their pets. Sorry about the $150 though, that is kind of unfortunate. But, hey, if it weren't under his paw then you'd regret not making all your efforts :)

Aww that sucks so much x(. It's good you went to such great lengths to make sure your dog was okay, but look at it this way...it's a good thing he hadn't actually swallowed the pill. FYL though, definitely.

Comments

Did u want to take those pills after your dog barfed them up? Just wondering...

The dog never took them in the first place.

LMAO that's absolutely disgusting though. I can't believe anyone would be that desperate for meds that they would take them even after they'd been vomited out.

I had a small dog for a while who managed to get a hold of a tube of Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound (for computers, people). Ate the whole thing. That was like 80% pure silver in the tube. Ingestion of silver, depending on the type, can cause serious side effects. We called the vet who told us to force hydrogen peroxide down her throat to induce vomiting. It worked.

omg! lol, that sux!!! weird place to get stuck... FYL.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Damn, #1 is such an asshole. Did you ever stop to think that maybe he was panicking...? and the Internet wouldn't help much, it was a /child's/ medication.. it wouldn't show side effects for a damn dog. don't act like a prissy know it all when you know nothing. OP; that sucks D: at least your doggy is okay. ^_^

just because it's a childs medication does not mean it's not on the internet. Do you people have any clue how similar dog medication is to ours? It's pretty close. There IS information out there, and it's FREE.

On that note, sometimes it IS the same medication, and even occasionally similar dosages. And in those cases, similar side effects.

That sucks, but no deaths have been done : )

littlemisslee 0

well, at least you were prepared!

At least your dog isn't dead. $150 is worth the reassurance

Jennydew 0

Better safe than sorry, I say. Don't feel bad, I would have done the same.