By yesnomaybeso7 - 12/07/2009 04:20 - United States

Today, my daughter's handsome new boyfriend came to visit our house. When I opened the door, he asked me where Diana's mother was. I assumed he was about to be charming and say that he thought I was her sister. He didn't. He assumed that I was Diana's grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 533
You deserved it 5 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I did something like that once. I thought my friend's dad was his grandfather. In my defense, though, he's in his 60's.

Comments

Ouch. Especially if he called you a grandma after you already told him you were her mother. Unnecessary to say something like that. My mum's in her 50s, but she's always been OCD about taking care of her skin. Even though she only uses drugstore brands, she looks a good 10+ years younger than she is. People are always asking if she's my sister.

#28, she never said she told the guy she was Diana's mother. I don't think he was saying it specifically to be mean. Likely he honestly thought she was the grandmother. I know what you mean about your mom though, some people look a lot older or younger than they really are, just based on how they take care of their skin and what kind of lifestyle they've led. OP, take his words with a grain of salt. Sounds like he's just a kid, and to kids, anything more than 5 years older than them is considered "old." Don't worry about it. If you're really concerned about your appearance, just work on taking care of yourself. :)

I thought Diana died a few years ago? Oh, and, people have mistaken me for my mother's husband before... FML :(

sugarmag 0

Ooh...burn! That sucks though what a little asshole

Oh come on, he was being honest instead of charming you with stupid little lies that you have to tell to be accepted in society. What's the thing with old people trying to look young ? You had your chance, now get over it.

Sucks, but you deserve it for trying to be a MILF. Stop checking out your daughter's boyfriend.

mcsnelly 5

noticing that her daughter's boyfriend is handsome does not make her a MILF....She wasn't trying to hit on him or his friends or anything and she didn't even say he was hott or sexy or anything...She just recognized that he was handsome. Hell, you can even recognize your own brother as being handsome without it being weird or creepy incest.

scorpioserpent 1

Well I'm sure it hurts, but it is true that some people just don't age well and look older than they really are.

birds_fml 7

That sucks, but it's not all bad. Some people are REALLY bad at guessing age (like me!) so maybe it's not that you look old, but that he's stupid. Plus, it's important how old you are. If you're around 55-60, then why SHOULDN'T you look like a grandma! And most women dye their hair, if you don't dye your hair like all the other sheep, you might look older by comparison. My mom, who's almost 60, says that it's how old you FEEL not how old you look! :D