By Anonymous - 22/06/2014 05:27 - Australia

Today, my dad thought it would be funny to spray my open window with the hose. RIP my laptop, phone, school books, wooden desk, my entire bookshelf, and my carpet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 272
You deserved it 5 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I hope your dad agreed to replace everything he damaged!

Comments

I hope he plans on replacing that stuff. Or at least apologized profusely.

catharsis5 9

Laptop, phone and school books could easily cost up to $1000. Heck, if the laptop is a Mac, that's $1000 already. Apologies are not going to cover it. Especially if OP was a college student who is taking out loans.

But what if the parents cannot afford to replace it? I bought my own phone, textbooks, and laptop because my parents couldn't afford to buy them for me even if they wanted to. If my parents accidently ruined them I'm sure they'd give me some money, but there's no way they could replace all 3.

#53, I would say tough shit. If I bought all of my stuff (which I have, well over $3,000 worth of electronics and other items) and it was all destroyed by some dumbass move or joke by my parents, I'd be forcing them to pay back every cent and replace every item. I'd take them to court if it required doing so to get everything replaced. I'm sure as hell not spending another multiple thousand dollars to replace everything just because some dumbass decided to try and be funny and ended up destroying everything.

paramor3 23

All violence for the next 24 hours is sanctioned and justified....we shall be cleansed by the purge....

soragirlfriend 8

Special exception for extreme assholeness.

Should spray his prized goods then (car, tv, computer, etc?) and say an eye for an eye!

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Except for that one guy with one eye.

Mysterious_one 26

congrats for a better laptop model.. new phone.. and a good excuse having bad grades due to wet home work

Sounds like FY Dad's Life. Now he has to buy a laptop, phone, books etc...

Did you do anything to make your dad upset?

It should be covered under home owners insurance.