By Experience - 05/02/2013 20:19 - United States - Waynesfield

Today, my dad opened a Chinese fortune cookie that read, "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." Now he won't stop calling me Experience. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 006
You deserved it 3 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iamabamf 17

Could be worse. My dad just calls me "The Little Bitch."

MrClean17 15

I chuckled when I saw your username OP. It seems you've accepted your fate

Comments

Hopefully the fortune cookie will have some Freaky Friday magic to it to see how he likes it.

The original or the shitty new one? Ah, who am I kidding, their both terrible

Shadow_Phantom 26

It puzzles me that parents demand respect from their children, yet have the nerve to pull stunts like these...

as long as both parent and child can see the humor in it, it shouldn't really be a problem, but some parents indeed think respect is a one-way thing simply because they made you.

Find ways to get back... I simply don't know how to fix their computer, usually after they pull some stunt...

#22 that can be quite amusing at times, but once both parties keep doing things like that, it might just escalate...

Don't worry, my Mom has three kids and were all called Mistake.

Sounds Like She Never Believed In Protection Cause She Had Three Mistakes. Sucks Though To Be Called That.

jem970 19

I would have lost all repect for him afterwards. That is neither clever or funny. I hope you arent to hurt by it. Just think, later in life if you really want you can totally cut him out of your life if you want :-) its what keeps me going till I can move out.

Holy shit, he was most likely joking and some people go through much worse things from their parents and don't cut them out because they're their parents even when sometimes they should! So if you would cut your dad out of your life for a joke that might have hurt your feelings, I feel bad for your parents.

jem970 19

Haha if someone kept calling me a mistake under the guise of "experiance" I would get pissed after awhile and yes it can be damaging to a persons self esteem. I personally do not find this joke funny and have had worse things said to me by my parents. Call me sensitive all you want.

Stop being a buzzkill dude Op's dad sounds more like he's being funny/clever than cruel.

FFML_314 11

Yeah, I'm going to go with the OPs father is joking. I'm highly doubting that he would be putting it on FML if his dad were actually calling him a mistake. These FMLs are a bit more down to earth than that. So quit being so dramatic, you drama queen.

Mine has called me "little shit" or some variation..

Sorry to hear that OP or should I say Experience;)

i feel like smiley faces deserve to have some space between them and the word next to them ;)

mega20913 8

that's actually kind of funny..

Tell him you've learned from his experience ;)