By dadsadipshit - 15/02/2013 23:00 - United States

Today, my dad lost his mind over the meteorite incident in Russia. He's convinced that it's part of some big government conspiracy to cover up a UFO crash-landing, and now he won't stop dismissively calling us "sheep" and telling us "do the research" just because we don't agree with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 384
You deserved it 3 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It could be a possibility, but then genetic engineering might be their way of hiding unicorns...

Comments

Sheep go to heaven. Goats go to hell. (Cake reference)

I'm so sick of you, with your damn straightjacket and long line of cars!

Also a cake reference... (in case someone thought it was meant to be an insult or something)

If people think it is an insult then "some people like to make life a little tougher than it is"

KiddNYC1O 20

Amazing that they captured it on video. Glad you're okay!

mangoboy1 19

Well don't be so quick to dismiss him look into it

WHERE?? Where's the evidence? Any of it peer-reviewed? Any of it NOT referencing some other crackpot theory which there's no way to prove? You and OP's father are the delusional sheep, here. If I'm wrong, and it's a fallen alien spacecraft, then the last thing you'll be worried about is how wrong I was, wouldn't it?

wlddog 14

Just for the record, how often does the government keep information to themselves? Hmmm? I am not saying OP's dad is right, I am just saying that is there WAS a UFO crash the government would not tell us.

I'm not even going to try a "in soviet russia" joke here...

Selling premium tinfoil hats for $29.99! You'd be insane not to get one of our premium hats! Also available for pets!

where exactly do these parents come from???

Earth, the weirdest planet of them all.

I always wonder what space faring civilisations are like, other than the stereotypical version of classy and airbrushed. Maybe they have crazy people taking about beings with limbs, bone and red goo.

'merica. that shit don't happen here. damn right aliens! lol

Russia - Nation with nuclear weapons that can destroy entire planets. America - Nation with missiles and assault rifles that can destroy buildings, people and most small countries. Sorry buddy, but I gotta side with the Russians when it comes to interplanetary combat. If the aliens come to our turf, then America would be the right nation for the job. But for pure destruction? Well, Russia isn't a force to be messed with.

Ultimate_No 7

Of course. Because there's no way America has nuclear weapons. Only Russia has those.

Russia's main claim to cold-war fame is their vast collection of nuclear weapons and various weapons of mass destruction. Does America have nuclear weapons? Well, yes. Obviously. But America isn't exactly known for having a large stockpile of nukes sitting around at some warehouse over on 49th street. Russia has the largest stockpile of 'weapons of mass destruction' in the world. Oh, and roughly 50% more nuclear warheads than the US. (US has around 2,470 warheads while Russia has around 4,650) So, I'd still side with Russia if we had to nuke the hell out of some poor alien civilization. They simply have more things capable of going 'BOOM' than America.

Hope the Russians know where to aim them ;) The aliens' aim has improved slightly since they hit Tunguska in Siberia a century ago.

I honestly can't believe we're actually having a moderately serious conversation about Russians vs Aliens. Sounds like an amazing idea for a movie, though. (either that or a video game)

Honestly though, if it ever came down to it, the entirety of planet Earth would likely not be enough to stop an alien race with technology advanced enough to fly such great distances. America and Russia, as well as every other country and nation on this tiny blue planet, would have to work together... and for what? Slightly delayed annihilation? Well, whatever happens, you know I'll be spending what little time I have left watching every doomsday movie I can get my hands on... then laughing as I find out that the 'end of the world' is nothing at all like what's depicted in that Hollywood garglejunk. (ie. War Of The Worlds, Independence Day, The Day The Earth Stood Still, etc. You know, all the movies where us inferior humans managed to kick the ass of a great extraterrestrial race?)

Tunguska! It's happening again! Luckily, them damn aliens can't aim worth shit.

shutupAnderson 7

In Soviet Russia, Russia smashes into unidentified flying objects.

Shadow_Phantom 26

In Soviet Russia, SPACE EXPLORE YOU!

Well, it was inevitable. Congratulations on being the first person to write an 'In Soviet Russia' joke!