By Winx - 16/03/2012 07:13 - United States

Today, my dad informed me that my prom dress makes me look chubby from the side, gives me "back fat", and that I wouldn't want to go to prom looking like that. I tried to ignore his hurtful comments and tell myself I was beautiful. Then the clasp broke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 324
You deserved it 11 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should listen to your father's advice for a change instead of categorically ignoring him just because it makes you feel better. He could've just said "DAAAAAMN!" But it sounds more like he was trying to be helpful rather than hurtful.

Idonebeenhad 17

Girl: Does this dress make me look fat? Guy: Uhh no it's fine. Girl: STOP LYING TO ME Guy: Okay, a little Girl: WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT, OH MY GOD I'M NEVER GONNA TALK TO YOU AGAIN

Comments

Killafornia 1

I bet you are beautiful. Just ignore the haters!

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, just cause it didnt fit doesnt mean you arent beautiful.

Don't bother with telling yourself that you are beautiful, because nobody is beautiful.

Jason199615 0

Stfu, please, you're not beautiful. on the inside or out.

So are you, you heartless ****. I mean, you don't even post a picture of yourself. Douchebag...

you are beautiful, i have no doubt. just buy a dress that won't break on you, and you'll be all set for prom. hope you have fun! plus, your dad shouldn't have said those things. men are not allowed to comment on women's clothing, ever, unless they're being paid to do so. next time, just ask your mom and tell your dad to keep his opinions to himself.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's what you get for being in denial.

Don't you listen to any of those stupid hurtful comments people are posting. I dont even have to see you to know you're beautiful. Plus nobody deserves that kind of a hurtful comment; especially not from a parent. I'm so sorry.