By Winx - 16/03/2012 07:13 - United States

Today, my dad informed me that my prom dress makes me look chubby from the side, gives me "back fat", and that I wouldn't want to go to prom looking like that. I tried to ignore his hurtful comments and tell myself I was beautiful. Then the clasp broke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 324
You deserved it 11 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should listen to your father's advice for a change instead of categorically ignoring him just because it makes you feel better. He could've just said "DAAAAAMN!" But it sounds more like he was trying to be helpful rather than hurtful.

Idonebeenhad 17

Girl: Does this dress make me look fat? Guy: Uhh no it's fine. Girl: STOP LYING TO ME Guy: Okay, a little Girl: WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT, OH MY GOD I'M NEVER GONNA TALK TO YOU AGAIN

Comments

You is beautiful. you don't need no one saying you aren't. so what if your chubby or not its your prom and it only comes once enjoy it missy beautiful.

princess151617 4

Don't listen to him. It doesn't matter if your tall, short, skinny, fat, medium size, black, white, slow or smart if your think your beautiful then your beautiful. Don't listen to any haters. !

She just didn't listen when he told her the dress would make her look bad. I don't see where he insulted her directly. And the ones dropping insults in the comments are just trolls.

MissHayleyJames 7

It's very possible OP ordered her dress in her normal clothing size (or even a size bigger) and then when it came in was too small since dresses run so tiny. She may not have bought a smaller size for motivation or to make herself feel better or anything.

ITT: People who can't take a little criticism. Her dad was blaming the dress and he was just trying to help her. Regardless of how she looks, telling people to ignore honest, unhurtful criticism from a loving place and drowning them in the word "beautiful" might make them feel better but is never going to help anyone in the long run.

ydi. Your dad was trying to help you by being honest. I've had similar blunt honesty like that from my mother, but later on I was grateful she didn't let me leave house in something that would make me that embarrassed down the line.

sometimes life will give a warning. best to listen.

giraffelover88 0

prom dresses run smaller than normal clothes so don't worry too much. Enjoy your day. And tell your dad he could be a little nicer I mean you do have feelings shit lol