By Winx - 16/03/2012 07:13 - United States

Today, my dad informed me that my prom dress makes me look chubby from the side, gives me "back fat", and that I wouldn't want to go to prom looking like that. I tried to ignore his hurtful comments and tell myself I was beautiful. Then the clasp broke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 324
You deserved it 11 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should listen to your father's advice for a change instead of categorically ignoring him just because it makes you feel better. He could've just said "DAAAAAMN!" But it sounds more like he was trying to be helpful rather than hurtful.

Idonebeenhad 17

Girl: Does this dress make me look fat? Guy: Uhh no it's fine. Girl: STOP LYING TO ME Guy: Okay, a little Girl: WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT, OH MY GOD I'M NEVER GONNA TALK TO YOU AGAIN

Comments

YahImThatGuy 0

If your mom tells you you're fat, she might just be overreacting. If you're dad does it, and especially in detail, he's probably telling you the truth to try to help you. Too many girls think they're fat when they aren't, but you shouldn't be a fat person in denial either.

YDI for buying a dress that's too small. How could you avoid seeing (and feeling) this in the shop where you bought it..?

Awwwww itss okk! Just get a bigger size next time!!!

gbrum2007 0

They have gyms for a reason, maybe if you tried to be healthy you wouldn't have this problem

skypenguin 2

God, can't you guys stop saying "Oh, she deserved it because she's fat." or "You're obese.". Even if op IS obese, who cares??? What is SO wrong about eating unhealthy and not excersizing? Other than the fact that it's unhealthy, what about this makes op and any other obese person so terrible and awful because they don't want to eat certain foods? The point is, op's dad called her chubby and no matter how fat or thin you are, it hurts when people say that to you. So stop critisizing her and stop being so judgemental!

It's a problem if the person has a weight issue, knows they have a weight issue, isn't comfortable with it, but won't bother trying to improve it. I don't know enough back story on OP to judge if that applies to her, but for now, FHL.

You could lose a few lbs before prom. It wouldn't hurt...