By mydadforgetsme - 04/11/2015 17:26 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, my dad forgot it's my birthday. When I told him about it, he accused me of lying and threatened to ground me for a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 686
You deserved it 1 466

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get out your birth certificate and a list of whatever you want. He's going to have to make up for that one somehow op.

Just remember to forget his birthday. When he says something, tell him he's obviously too old for birthdays.

Comments

First of all Happy birthday OP. It sucks that your dad forgot your birthday and someone from your family would have remembered and celebrated it

Oh, yeah, I do that all the time when I forget people's birthdays. It's really hard to ground coworkers and friends, but I get it done.

I hope you just throw ground beef at them rather than pushing them onto the ground.

I truly hope it is a plot to give you an awesome surprise birthday party. If not... Happy Birthday from us on FML!

lexiieeex3 32

This literally happened to my best friend today and it's freaking me out because I truly think it could be her...

amileah13 26

You're not alone op. My mom had to remind my dad to call me on my birthday every year (he's a truck driver so he's only here for one day a week) and when she finally stopped calling him to remind him he stopped calling. Just know that there are other people out here for you and happy birthday op :)

CODplayer4lyfe 24

I'm trying to wrap my head around how your own father could not remember at least the month of when you were born. Either way, happy birthday OP!

Poor op! I hope your dad makes it up somehow! Maybe money, presents, cake, and a full celebration with just you two after you show him your birth certificate to prove it or something!

i don't think materialistic items make up for forgetting the birthdate of your child..