By blink_kid - 10/08/2012 12:57 - United Kingdom - Bathgate

Today, my boyfriend, who lives 100 miles away and whom I haven't seen in 2 months, told me he was visiting my city with some friends. I assumed this was an opening to an invitation, but no, he just asked me about the best places to get drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 680
You deserved it 3 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Give him the addresses to all the most popular gay strip bars. That should make his night.

I'm sure he really does care about you. He just has to be drunk first.

Comments

I think it's time to question your relationship OP.

Are you sure he knows you are his girlfriend? How could he not visit is girlfriend? Maybe he called you his Girl.... Friend? I don't know this is just strange, if you are really dating that is super douchy, therefore you should dump him!

rae_munchkin 6

Or she could have been a FB and she took it as a relationship.

Why is it that in every boyfriend/girlfriend FML the only solution commenters seem to come up with is for OP to dump their boyfriend/girlfriend?

footballer6190 12

It's the only thing people come up with, because we only hear one side of the story. I am not saying OP shouldn't dumb him or she should, but we never know he could visit the next day or night. To say that OP should leave him right away isn't the best thing always though. You never know he might e planning something special and wants his guy friends input on it all.

Oh of corse I totally agree dumping someone isn't always the answer but as you pointed out we only hear one side of the story, and based on that side I said dump him because if they Are dating then op doesn't deserve to be treated badly. It probably won't get any better. Would she really ever want to marry this jerk?

footballer6190 12

I completely agree, if he is doing this than its probably something that should be dealt with asap. In a relationship yes it's great to see each other, and have some space, but two months and he calls for bars. I think it would be a funny idea to send him to gay bars, and probably leave him. Hopefully things go better for you OP

olpally 32

What an asshat... I hope he gets alcohol poisoning then... He deserves it.

What is an asshat is that a hat you put on your ass, or an ass you put on your head?0.o

olpally 32

Different version of calling someone an asshole... Good response though.. Haha

Pffft it's West Lothian.... Your boyfriend must be a complete dumbass not to know where to get drunk there.

I think you know what you have to do here. Am I clear about this. Go do it. DUMP HIS ASS!!!

Tell him to go to your favorite bar then meet up with him there...to introduce him to your new boyfriend. If he cares that little about taking a rare opportunity to see you, I seriously doubt you're the only girl he's dating.

tbhwhy 12

That's disrespectful. Dump him ASAP.

Eirena 5

Something's wrong if he prioritizes drinking with his friends over seeing his long-distance lady. Don't get me wrong - a man's perfectly allowed to catch up with his friends, but your FML seems to imply that he made no effort to hang out with you. In which case, he's a douche.

So he doesn't want to hang out with you at all? What an ass.