By yeshehaspornaddiction - 02/07/2013 04:37 - United Kingdom - Derby

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend told me to completely shave off all of my already-groomed pubic area because, "It looks so unnatural." Ignoring the obvious lack of logic, I asked him why he keeps his totally ungroomed. Turns out "Men having hair is okay. Women aren't supposed to, though." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 011
You deserved it 13 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's sad how many men genuinely believe this. I've known guys in the past who truly thought women don't grow pubic hair, and that the ones who do have some sort of disorder or testosterone problem. :/ It's ok to have preferences. But you're a douchebag as soon as you tell a woman she is "unnatural" for having hair down there. And you're a double-douchebag if you want your girlfriend to groom herself, while you yourself don't.

To quote the great Stoya, "If you think pubic hair on a woman is unnatural or weird, you aren't mature enough to be touching vaginas."

Comments

Don't give in! although it Looks better Shaving everday Hurts!

There's always waxing which lasts weeks without regrowth... Just sayin'

How does it hurt? I'm a girl and I shave regularly for my own preferences.

myoukei 31

There are quite a few reasons shaving can hurt (asside from cutting yourself): Irritation, ingrown hairs, etc. be happy if shaving isn't a hassle for you.

Normally, (at least for me) shaving south of the border once a week is satisfactory. By the end, you have extremely groomed hair that is still passable. (once I hear that my boyfriend doesn't care though, the hair is making a comeback as it's SUPPOSED to be there)

Nair also works wonders. Although a lot of guys tell me they dont mind some fuzz on a women.

RedPillSucks 31

Doesn't Nair irritate/hurt? Maybe it's just on testicles.

HungerGames95 13

Get the Nair bikini zone cream... It's sensitive formula.

perdix 29

#110, Nair for Men works well in the very area that you might think otherwise. It's easier, safer and gives better results than a "personal trimmer."

Ask him if he likes looking at pre-pubescent girls genital area and depending on the answer, tell him a compltely shaved genital area look exactly like that.

Ask him if he likes looking at pre-pubescent girls legs and depending on the answer, tell him a completely shaved leg look exactly like that. Ask her if she likes looking at pre-pubescent guys faces and depending on the answer, tell him a completely shaved face look exactly like that. See the problem? I've always thought this argument was insulting and dumb. Not everyone likes hair, that doesn't make them pedophiles.

Lizza330 28

It might be just me, but I hate when people say 'real wemon have/do/are whatever, because what if you don't fit those standards? Are you suddenly Barbie or something?

A little bush never bothered a grown grasshopper...

I feel bad for you, OP. What a misguided boy..

OP, looks like it's time to keep him away from the **** and maybe stupid ideas like this will disappear, for a while. If he is still an idiot about it, tell him you won't do it until he does.

Ins0mau 20

Although **** might influence beliefs, you still have to be a bit stupid and immature to believe it's "unnatural". Can't blame it all solely on ****. I watch **** and prefer unshaven personally.

perdix 29

#19, and real men have beards, too. It was dumb for him to use the word "unnatural," when he meant "unappealing." Social norms when it comes to grooming vary from time and place, and it's pretty typical that people prefer stying that deviates from the "natural" caveman look.

coldsteelstu 4

drop the hint that if he grooms his it will make it look bigger. and that is something he should really consider. then see if he ever brings up yours again.

this is why we need feminism sighs women didn't even shave until the 20s (i believe, my guess is just a shot in the dark) when razor companies started telling them they weren't beautiful unless they shaved. and i'm not sorry for saying this, but any man who tells you to get rid of your BODY HAIR which grows NATURALLY can go **** himself, because if he keeps that shit up, he WILL be the only one willing to **** him.

perdix 29

#31. . . Bull . . . Shit! When men grow beards, they make themselves utterly unacceptable to a large group of women. That's "natural body hair" yet no one complains that many women require that it be gotten rid of. Both sexes have grooming norms that are expected of them and you can choose to conform or join a subculture that accepts the alternative style. This is not about feminism. You should use that to get equal pay for equal work and not to fight for your right to have a wild bush.

Just because something isn't a major issue doesn't mean it's not an issue. Firstly, women are expected to shave a lot more than men are. Legs, armpits, and bikini are required to wear a bathing suit and not be seen as "disgusting" and "unhygienic". More women nowadays are also shaving the entire bikini and/or their arms as well. It's ridiculous. I rarely hear women say men with beards are "disgusting and dirty", and don't think I've ever heard a man say it. But if a woman grows out her leg hair and wears shorts, she will be judged by pretty much everyone who sees it, including other women.

perdix 29

#62, I've heard a lot of unkind comments about guys with beards. Some women have "no facial hair" explicitly written on their dating profiles. And, no, you can't force me to judge a hairy-legged woman as "pretty." I don't like "natural" -- sue me! #63, trends come and go. Beards were popular in the 70's and they seem to be making a comeback now. Even so, some women will not accept a guy with facial hair, no matter what. And some prefer it -- you can't please everyone.

Perdix, it feels as if some mature grown up man has hacked your account. I no sarcastic, cynical comments...I don't know if feeling proud or worried.

perdix 29

#88, I know! It's that asshole that I try to repress. perdix wants to have his fun here on FML while the other guy needs to shut up, work, and watch Seinfeld and Big Bang Theory reruns.

coleman6574 3

#53 your right studies have shown that the majority of women want femine men which includes guys with shaved hair on the face, chest, back, and the downstairs area

112- there's nothing "feminine" about a man who is well-groomed and takes care of himself. Personally, I don't care if a guy has facial hair (or any other hair for that matter), but he should be hygienic and keep things well kept.

Perdix has a good point. I surveyd the women of my school on wether they like a bearded man or a shaved man. Nearly all of them said they would not date a man with a beard. Even my own girlfriend is against me not shaving.

It was apparently normal for girls in parts of Japan to shave their arms as of a few years ago, but I've never seen it state side. Honestly I take long enough in the shower already, I'd probably never leave if I tried to shave my arms, too. And the "even other women" comment is probably closer to "especially other women", if shaving is anything like wearing makeup, women tend to do it to show off to other women.

@31 It is an unwritten rule that anyone who utters the words "this is why we need feminism" is automatically a... well I'll leave it out since this site requires etiquette, but ill just say that you need to be lacking a considerable amount of brain tissue to say that stupid quote. There websites dedicated to making fun of girls who say that. And dont get me started on 'natural', if you want to be 'natural' then you can leave all your hair to grow, stop brushing your teeth or using soap, and you can go out and hunt and collect your food by spearing wild beasts and gathering berries. Dont say 'natural' unless you are prepared to actually live 'naturally' like other animals on this earth, its a completely irrelevant statement, humans are far from natural. Do you see any other type of creature on this earth synthetically developing chemicals? Natural my arse.

Megan639 16

#32 Hate to break it to you, but if you expect your "future wife" to do something that you're not willing to do, then you're never going to have a wife at all.