By StillBetterThanTwilight - 28/08/2012 15:56 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, my boyfriend told me that he had once been possessed by demons, and that he now sleeps with a knife under his pillow for protection from, "The dark spirits that are feasting upon his soul." I'm not sure that I'll be sleeping over anytime soon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 580
You deserved it 2 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope he doesn't twitch in his sleep. Also he's an idiot who will probably end up stabbing himself and you (if you're staying over).

Comments

If there really are dark spirits feasting upon souls, I'll be screwed. I keep snacks under my pillow & I doubt demons will be up for a late night Oreo :(

I'm not sure if demons like them, but **** it, whatever works.

Give him a good slap of reality. Since when was the last time there was even a documented possession?

jem970 19

Hmmm let's see..... About a year, two years ago. This stuff actually happens. Most demon possession movies are based off real possessions just to let you know. Stop being ignorant.

Dude!!! Don't you watch movies? They can't put "based on a true story" if it isn't true. And they can't put anything in a movie that isn't real. (All sarcasm of course)

Of course, how could I have fogotten about movies, works of fiction. With that logic, 2012 is bound to happen, Star Wars does takes place at a distant galaxy in the multiverse, and machines are planning to kill of humanity. It makes perfect sense!

jem970 19

A-Teen I have been on FML for awhile, and your comments always pissed me off. I did not say that all movies are the gospel of what will happen and that they are all real. Being a psychology student this topic sparked my interest, believing that it was all a bunch of crazy, but NORMAL people.

Jem970 - You used the phrase "real possessions". That renders any argument from you invalid.

jem970 19

Doc- I respect the hell out of you. But look at Annalise micheals, the woman who inspired movies like the exorcism, she was later ruled to NOT be possessed but there have been others like the woman I mentioned above who are still considered to be possessed.

jem970 19

I am also not some bible thumping idiot either Doc. I am not saying that everything I say is right and everyone is wrong, but after a lot of research on this subject it has swayed my opinion.

Jem970 - I never said you were an idiot, only misguided and misinformed if you believe in possessions. There is nothing in any supposed "possession" that isn't fully explainable by psychological illness, including Anneliese Michel. Her supposed exorcism lasted almost a year and resulted in her death, at which time she weighed around 30 kg because she had been neglected and starved the entire time. If that's how the church deals with possessions, I'd rather be possessed.

JOcoco 14

jem970 (sorry I'm bringing math into this) your points are all canceling out and all you're ending up with is 0/0.

Has no one watched Paranormal State? That's a reality tv show that documents possible hauntings which included a scary case of a possessed young woman. She is tiny but when they were performing the exorcism and one of the guys had to hold her, she seemed very heavy, her looks somewhat distorted, etc. She changed during that whole thing-very creepy. I do believe anything is possible including Angels and demonic presence.

This thread is a clusterfuck of brain cells. Come on people, "demonic possession is real"? Really? What century are we living in, again?

Apperantly in 13th to 15th century or dark ages take your pick. People this is why they make chocolate and vanilla. This is getting a politics here. My Thor someone stop this madness.

Wow, i think he may need to Lay off the caffeine before bed! Or stop using hard drugs!

You should give him a talk if he actually believes that

I think I know what she needs to say... You: Hey boyfriend! *boyfriend turns around* You: Jesus, man.

What does lawl mean. Whenever I ask people they laugh at me...

"lol" pronounced as a word rather than an abbreviation.

erikanicole425 9

If your smart you won't be sleeping over at all

Time to call the ghost busters. Oh wait they don't deal with that. Time to call John Constantine. I'd personally would just out of the relationship. A little crazy ok, but this dude seriously got issues.

jem970 19

OP, demon possessions DO happen. There are documented cases of it, some cannot be explained away by science either. But, the knife thing is stupid. That doesn't work. Tell him to try a cross, salt, and praying. I'm being 100% serious.

Or use the holy water by dipping a silver crossbow in it. (Van Halen)

When is the most recent? And please do not name movie titles, they're still works of fiction.

30- Well, whether possession exists or not, I'm not going to argue, but in any case, for OP's safety alone, salt and prayer sounds infinitely better to keep on hand than a butcher knife. :P Of course, he Might just be mentally ill and require help.......just thought I'd throw that out there.....:p

jem970 19

Google Julia demon possession. She is a Caucasian, middle aged woman who lives in America and who was raised catholic but has stopped practicing when she became an adult. Look her up. She has no pre-existing conditions and no psychological "defects" to explain her behavior.

jem970 19

I am not saying that he may not be mentally I'll Draco, btw your comments make me laugh a lot, I am just saying that OP needs to not close herself off to this. Go get him checked by a psychologist, but if he cannot explain it go to a priest and see how that works out :)

I googled "julia demon possession" and I found the story on such reputable sites as "ufodigest.com" and "worldmysteriesandtrueghosttales.com". The story of her exorcism includes that she levitated for 30 minutes. The fact that a crackpot psychiatrist "verified" the possession only means that the psychiatrist is just as insane as the patient and anyone else who believes this crap.

jem970 19

Doc- I meant what I said. I have the utmost respect for you. So I will not rise to that bate. And as I said what I say is not the gospel. I may be wrong, everyone is at some point. I am just going off of research that I have been doing for years now.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Demonic possession does NOT exist. A demon will never forcibly take control of a human. End of story.

Let alone the fact that demons don't exist...