By WoofWoof - 07/12/2009 18:20 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of six months called me. He said his mom was making him choose between having a dog or having a girlfriend. I asked him which one he picked. He went quiet, and I heard barking in the background. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 146
You deserved it 5 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

ashley_ruiz_09 0

dammmm i feel bad for you lmao its kinda funny but damm you must have done something wrong :|

Egg the douche's house!!! =O Or, just find another man!

What a manipulative bitch of a mom. Sounds like something my mother would have done back in the day.

That's quite a weird choice, and I may not know how old you guys are, but if you're in high school (which is what I'm assuming since he lives with his mom) or something, then I would've gone with the dog, because it probably would live longer than your relationship, even if you guys did have a 6 month history beforehand.

sleepreader 0

Seeing as the OP can still EAT after being dumped, I'm going to go ahead and say the boy made the right choice. Adopting a dog is making a commitment to take care of it. You can't just get rid of it because you don't want to break up with your girlfriend that you may or may not break up with the next week. Somehow, "there are plenty of more owner fish in the ocean doggy. We just need to move on. Sitting on my backporch all the time, looking sad and STARVING your self aren't going to make me take you back." just doesn't sound the same.

Ah, all these children replying. Half of you probably don't even know what a woman or girlfriend is. The other half either has serious mental problems and are still busy wiping drool off the keyboard. So, you didn't need him. He's a worthless guy who thinks it's more important to have a dog than a girlfriend. Obviously, he never loved you. For all of you saying a dog is so great... Have 1/2 of you ever had a dog? Ever cleaned the dog crap up off the carpet. Had your dog run off? Had your dog bite or scratch you while jumping all over you? Got your sandwich eaten by it? I didn't think so. So, before you say, "Dog is man's best friend..." Remember what a woman's best friend is... *makes vibrating noises.* If a man doesn't have a brain he's worthless, and obviously your boyfriend didn't have one to begin with. And if you're under 18 than there's plenty of other guys out there. It wasn't real love at that age anyway. You'll understand when you're older.

"Have 1/2 of you ever had a dog?" Yes, I have owned a dog. "Ever cleaned the dog crap up off the carpet" Nope. The dog was well trained and never went to the bathroom in the house. "Had your dog run off?" Nope. Again, he was well trained. "Had your dog bite or scratch you while jumping all over you?" Nope. I trained him not to jump on people and his playful biting was never any harder than just feeling his teeth touch my skin. "Got your sandwich eaten by it?" Nope. He was well trained and I was never stupid enough to leave food that I didn't want him to eat near his mouth. Now lets replace dog with girl. "Have 1/2 of you ever had a girl?" Yes. Several. "Ever cleaned the girl crap up off the carpet" Yes. One time she got drunk and vomited all over the place and I had to clean it up. "Had your girl run off?" Yes. "Had your girl bite or scratch you while jumping all over you?" This isn't necessarily a bad thing, however she did bite and scratch me hard enough to draw blood. "Got your sandwich eaten by your girl?" Yes, and she didn't even offer to make me a new one. As you can see the girl was not properly trained so I had to get rid of her.

dude you got ur shit strait...dog over chick, someday u might find a chick worth hangin on to but if ur still livin wit mom then your too young to worry bout that

One...haha to you because she ran off. That poor dog probably just doesn't have the sense to yet. She ate your sandwich? you shouldn't have been stupid enough to leave the food out that you didn't want her to eat. Biting and scratching? If it was violent? you shouldn't have pissed her off. If it was sexual...you asked for it. Ever cleaned her crap off the carpet? Well...maybe you shouldn't have let her drink so much... What it comes down to my man is that people are on a higher level than humans. I'd chose a human over a dog simply because well...they're human. If you're too afraid/weak/naive to deal with one....build yourself a bubble

I've got two dogs. And personally, I'm gonna say that 90% of the time I'd make the same choice. And you need to shut your mouth, Imago. Just because you're, I'm assuming, over the age of thirty and balls-deep into a mid-life crisis doesn't mean you need to convey your ultimate wisdom onto the rest of us. No offense, but most of the time a dog is better. I mean, either way it's a reflection on you. Either a reflection on your taste in guys or a reflection of your worth. Either way, looks like FYL.