By Nicoli - 10/11/2011 18:22 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of five years was in a bad car crash, and ended up with a concussion. He didn't remember me. At all. But he remembered his other girlfriend he had cheated on me with for two months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 899
You deserved it 3 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Consider it your chance to find someone better in life. **** him. Saves you the painful break-up, right?

Comments

anitamariebwiza 0

why are u still w/ him if he cheated???? smh

Concussions can do that. The amnesia is often temporary. All you idiots yelling "dump him!" seem to be conveniently forgetting that the guy was just in a serious car accident. Leaving someone in a time of need is cowardly.

clemcool_fml 0

I usually agree with most of what you say Doc, but I have to protest here. Leaving someone in their time of need is definitely cowardly, but so is cheating. He should have had the balls to break up with if he was unhappy! I would only stay until a friend/loved one could take over in this situation.

Clemcool, I never said that cheating was ok. I agree that cheating is terrible.

Minx108 12

69 I'd be in total unison with you had his amnesia sounded less of a bluff... From what I learnt in psychology - amnesia CAN be selective.. but in regard to a certain time period, not selective to people per se. It seems highly unrealistic that he will remember one person and not another from the same time period. Seems he is using an injury to break up with her, which would be what - the second cowardly thing he's done? do you suggest she let him play her for a fool? I would be looking for someone else to take over caring for him... Since either way he doesn't seem to need her.

The other girlfriend can come help him. I'm pretty sure it's hard to be there for someone who betrayed you like that. He probably has family with him also.

Wooooooooow I wouldve knocked him in his face to see if his Memory would come back!!!!

If a concussion took it away a second one will bring it back?

Rachmini 10

Why would you still be with him if he cheated? For two months no less...

Retrograde amnesia usually isn't that selective. Generally speaking, memories (your name, your smell, dates you've been on, facts about you, etc) are spread out all around the brain. If you've been a major part of his life for 5 years and were completely wiped out with a blow to the head, you should try splashing him with water or giving another blow to the head. That's how sitcoms get out of it.

What weird about this is I just had a boyfriend of 2 months......who got into a car accident

Why is that weird? Are you the other woman ?

Ya r u the other girl??? Cause if ur from washington also than ya that would be weird n have us all thinking ya r the other girl lol.

I think he used it as a bad excuse to get out of your relationship...

My sympathy drive for cheaters dwindles on. It's a shame and a blessing he has no recollection of who you are in this scenario.

Aweh im so sorry.. :(. This is so sad. Hope your okaat

He faked it! Just so he could leave you.