By heartbrokenhaley - 23/01/2014 20:57 - United States - Brockton

Today, my boyfriend of 6 years told me that since I've proven my loyalty and faithfully stuck by his side, he has no reason to ever consider marrying me, because "It's not like you're going anywhere, honey." He seems not to understand why I am upset by this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 674
You deserved it 5 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people just take things for granted. Good luck, OP

Comments

His brain works in mysterious ways... What an asshole.

I was thinking he's more of an idiot but I guess maybe he kind of an asshole.

It seems likely he has Asperger's/Autism; like myself, he thinks putting logic before other people's feelings, and does'nt fully understand what he's done. I know I've inadvertantly hurt a few partners before and I feel awful about it afterwards.

TallMist 32

#106 I have Autism/Aspergers and I'm 100% sure that I want marriage. However, for the rest of the point, yeah I've done that too. I always manage to seem to hurt people, rather directly or indirectly, and sometimes I wouldn't even realise it until later on. I feel like such an asswipe sometimes.

But even if I say, it'll be alright. Still I hear you say you want to end your life..Now and again we... Oh wait, we weren't singing that song huh? Oops..

If he thinks marriage is not a big deal you can propose to him. Is not that common but it happens :) good luck OP.

sounds like he needs a pet, not a partner.

Sometimes, when a proposal is going to be a surprise, to cover for the complete obvious, a boyfriend might say he's not into marriage at all. You know him and yourself better than anyone here knows either of you. You're frustrated, I get that, but please don't take advice from strangers, including myself, who've no idea about your life.

It seems like he's an insensitive prick!!! Your best bet is to leave him now and prove him wrong!

Yes, throwing away a 6 year relationship to prove a point isn't manipulative at all! How about you grow the **** up and actually talk to your partner instead of ruining everything.

TallMist 32

Stop suggesting breaking up! Good lord, have mercy! Breaking up is not always the answer!

The solution is simple - prove him wrong.

You were the third person to say that. But I didn't thum-down because Here's Johnny!

I have the same issue my man said he wouldnt and that im stuck with him forever and stuff lol