By heartbrokenhaley - 23/01/2014 20:57 - United States - Brockton

Today, my boyfriend of 6 years told me that since I've proven my loyalty and faithfully stuck by his side, he has no reason to ever consider marrying me, because "It's not like you're going anywhere, honey." He seems not to understand why I am upset by this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 674
You deserved it 5 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people just take things for granted. Good luck, OP

Comments

My advice: Just tell him how you feel about it. Bestbof luck OP.

8 years....said she didnt love me and starting dating a doctor....you can leave him

If you want to get married, I'd consider walking away. He can't give you what you want. Especially if u want kids and don't have them yet.

Yeah, I'd agree with the others. Dump his ass and see how he likes living without you.

FluffyArt 6

Shame you're in MA. In some states, if you're living together that long, you'd be common law married.

graphicstyle7 17

This all really depends on how happy you are in the relationship, longevity has nothing to do with it. I was unhappily married for 14 years, then he left. Best thing he ever did for me, I found so many great guys! I'm happily married now. BUT, if you two are really made for each other, then I'd say you need to have a long talk. If it's not that important to you, let it be. If you want kids and want them to be born in wedlock, or if you want the legal benefit of marriage, then, think seriously about living your life without this guy and get single again.

Your boyfriend is an idiot! Doesn't seem worth it sticking around

dDailydDosage 8

Have a serious talk with him. If it's your dream to be married, tell him. If he truly loves you, he'll want to make you happy and truly name you his in every way possible. Good luck OP! (Btw sticking together for six years without marriage is a big achievement nowadays! Congrats on your loyalty)

Cagara_fml 10

when you say bf of 6 years, is that how long u have been with him or his actual age?

lailaxjan 11

If marriage is important to you, talk to him about it. If it isn't something you've brought up before maybe he doesn't know you care. If you have and he still feels that way, talk go him about that. It's an important topic, especially 6 years in.