By ciararow - 14/04/2011 23:29 - United States

Today, my boyfriend finally let me take his dog on a walk, after two years of not trusting me to keep her safe. During the walk, a car drove by, causing her to run after it and pulling the leash out of my hand. Five hours later, and I still can't find her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 140
You deserved it 26 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

poor puppy :( hope you find her. but YDI for being weak and letting go of the leash.

chammi 0

must have been a big dog for you to not be able to tug the leash back.

Comments

Darn bitch! Hopefully it can smell it's way to his house.

irforever 0

wow!!!! why did u take the damn dogg for a walk! it's all ur fault genius!!!

Hmm...Ever thought that the reason your boyfriend never trusted you with his dog was because you were weak and clumsy? I'm sorry, I hope you find your boyfriend's dog, preferably alive and unwounded. YDI though because of "five hours later, I still can't find her" ~ Why are you even writing this on FML when you're still searching for the dog?

YDI big time. If it was a small dog and it slipped out of your hand, then you should never walk a dog again. Now I'm assuming it's a larger dog, and in that case you shouldn't have asked to walk her if you weren't sure if you could hold her back or gain dominance over her in such a situation. I will say, however, that if your boyfriend didn't trust you to walk the dog, he shouldn't have let you go on your own for the first time.

ydi for not trusting your boyfriend ..

YDI. A dog should never be able to simply pull the leash out of your hand. It sounds like you were just holding the leash, when you're supposed to put your hand through the loop and then wrap it around your wrist so that the dog can't pull the leash away. You should respect his decision, she's his dog, not yours. Maybe you've never had a dog, but I have four and I would never trust anyone outside of my immediate family to take any of them for a walk, the reason being that only myself and my immediate family have been with the dogs all their life and know how they behave and how to deal with things involving them (like chasing cars). Didn't you think that there was a reason he wouldn't let you walk her? I suggest you get off your ass and go find her. Five hours isn't a very long time, there's still a lot more searching you can do. You let her go, so it's your responsibility to find her, even if it takes days. You can't just give up on her after a few hours.

bellatrix4 0

guess your boyfriend was right.....

Capt_Oblivious 10

awe, it's soo nice of you to stop your search for that missing dog long enough to come on here and tell us all about it.