By daughterofanazi - 08/02/2012 05:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend came over to my parents' house for dinner. My dad made Holocaust jokes the entire time. My boyfriend is Jewish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 749
You deserved it 4 647

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iamray 2

you let him bash on your bf for that long without saying any thing?

Buttsexpirate 9

Now that's just ****** up. Arghh sorry OP.

Comments

Oh god, my Dad can be like this, especially when drunk. We've now threatened him with putting a blanket over his head so he would go to sleep, like one would do to a misbehaving budgie.

Clamcreepy 7

Your dad must've put fear in your heart for you not to stop the bashing your boyfriend was getting from your father. You should've brought an awkward situation you had before to get that focus fire on you that your father was spilling out.

lucky he's dating you and not your dad..

Was your bf wearing your bra at the time? (fml ref)

bettyc4 26

Why do people think holocaust jokes are funny? I'm not even jewish but I still think they are insensitive.

bettyc4 26

Same as kamakazy jokes or black jokes or rape in prison jokes. It's some people's way of dealing with something or just a thing nervous people can't help. Stop bein so sensative .Learn to laugh and move on with life. Or live in the depressing past...your choice.

thiscrazything 1

Because people forget. They have no idea how others suffered, and the conditions that the victims lived and died in. Sadly our " all about me" culture has allowed this to happen.

I'm not really that sensitive. I just think a joke about the murder of 6 million people isn't that funny. I guess I have my opinion, you have yours.

bettyc4 26

That's why we have school. So we know not to let the Germans f*ck up again or let one nut job have so much power. After lesson is learned move the hell on. Or like I said..stay in the depressing past it's your choice

bettyc4 26

I like how my response and reasoning typings have been deleted. Everyone's so sensitive! Jeez

bettyc4 26

Look I'm cool with Jewish people I'm part Jewish on my fathers side but a joke is a joke common now even I can admit my nose is big for the average American girl

Why didn't you say something to your dad to stop? It's pretty sad that you wouldn't attempt to stick up for your boyfriend and would allow him to have to put up with such an uncomfortable situation.

My dad, when making Polish jokes in front of his nice Polish carer: All of us: "Shut up, [name redacted]!" Dad: "*keeps going*" All of us: "Look, just shut up." Dad: "*keeps going*" It took about five goes to get him to stop.

bustub2 8

I had a similar experience with my best friend who was Jewish. My mother was taking about my father and his affinity to haggle by saying, "Your dad likes to Jew them down." But her face instantly paled with embarrassment as the words came out and she excused herself. That was the last time I ever heard her use that phrase.

bettyc4 26

Same as kamikaze jokes or black jokes or prison rape jokes. It's some people's ways of dealing with something or nervous people can't help it. Stop being so sensitive . Learn to laugh and move on. Or live in the depressing past...choice is yours

13scarlett13 4

Is your father secretly an aryan member? O.o