By chubbyg - 20/09/2014 12:23 - Australia - Clarinda

Today, my boyfriend asked me when I was going to shave my arms now that summer is coming in Australia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 338
You deserved it 6 465

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's rude. Ask him when he's gonna shave off that rude personality

Klima_fml 29

Kind of an odd question to be asked.

Comments

isabelf 17

Don't shave unless you want to. A guy's opinion shouldn't matter when it comes to body hair.

It shouldn't but unfortunately it usually does. Because of Hollywood, ****, and airbrushed magazines women are made to feel ugly and different if they have any hair below their eyebrows. It's really sad actually.

She should tell him: "when your dick gets big"

I feel armpits and dicks are 2 unrelated things

No. Absolutely NO. Arm hair, while insensitive to comment on, isn't a big deal. Penis size, is a deep rooted, very real and common insecurity for males. You wouldn't like it if a guy commented negatively on your breasts, called you loose, or said your face was ugly, 3 really common insecurities for women that aren't easy/possible to change, so why would you ever think it is ok to comment nastily on a males biggest insecurity that he cannot change without radical, dangerous and often unsuccessful surgery. That's like cutting off someones arm in retaliation for them pinching you. Massive overreaction that there's no excuse for doing.

Actually 41, hair on women is a HUGE insecurity, which is usually why women resort to painfully yanking it out from the root with wax or tweezers! What is natural on both men and women is now considered gross and dirty when it's on a woman, and unfortunately there are many men out there that not only feel it's ok to be openly disgusted by it, but also feel it's ok to "ask" (and I use that term lightly seeing as most women won't feel secure enough to leave it if a man has openly expressed his disgust about it) them to shave or wax. If a guy is going to humiliate OP about her arm hair, then he deserves to know what this humiliation feels like. Unfortunately hair on men usually isn't an issue, and they don't have to wear makeup to be considered beautiful, so all we really have to show him what this humiliation feels like is to comment on his penis. Women go through a lot of pain and crap to be considered "beautiful" in societies eyes and the standard just isn't the same for men, so if there is something else that op's boyfriend feels she should do maybe he should keep that comment to himself instead of embarrassing her. {rant over}

@57 Hair on women has always been a no no since the medical ages because it's considered a male feature. The only hair that was acceptable was pubic hair. Women before shaving, burned off the hairs. So I thinking burning is worst then waxing and I know because I am a Army Diver and I'm required to be shaven everywhere. All of are just over reacting.

Commenting on a mans penis so way more devastating and had long term affects than some bloody hair!! Seriously. How can a woman be insecure about something that's easily take care of? A man can't change his equipment. I've openly said to my woman to shave smooth down under, she retorted with "only if you will" - what an interesting experience that turned into lol. If she commented on my penis, it would take months possibly years to remove the damage that was done.

RedPillSucks 31

@84 curious as to why army divers need to be shaven every where

TanzWolf 26

It's not "easily done" when men like you make us do it every day.

Still much easier than changing penis size.

#57, boring rant that had nothing to do with anything i said, just you going "woe is me, being a woman is so hard and unfair". You also seem to have missed the fact i am also a female, and i don't agree with a word you just said. Women do what they do for "beauty" because THEY choose to, there are PLENTY of guys out there who like their women natural without all that fake shit like extensions, massive claws, make up, and unnatural orange glows year round, and actually find the women that do all that ugly, not the natural ones. All of that is still irrelevant to my original post though, which was simply that there is a big difference between insulting something like arm hair, which there are plenty of ways to lighten or remove should SHE choose to, and insulting a male penis size, which he can't do a damn thing about. Presuming he wasn't joking, which i personally think is much more likely, then of course it was a horrible thing to say, and no i don't think it was ok to insult her. But i will absolutely never, ever think it is ok to insult a mans penis, like that is somehow an "equal" insult, because it is just way, way worse. So many women always go straight for "make him feel like he isn't a man and laugh at his equipment" as an auto response to something they take offense to, how would you like it if he went straight for insulting your breast size, face, or commenting on how ugly or "loose" your ****** is when you say something he doesn't like? I bet you wouldn't think that was appropriate would you.

Actually, there are women out there who are extremely insecure. Ever since I was little and a boy said I looked like a werewolf with my hairy arms, I never go out without being completely smooth shaven or a long sleeve shirt. So saying it's not comparable or a simple fix is completely untrue.

#112 Um, am I the only one who knows guys who aren't hyper sensitive about penis-size jokes? I mean, some guys I know are much more sensitive about their personalities (that no one will ever love who they are), their weight, their acne, their ability to give a woman an ******... than they are about the size of their penis. I think that claiming penis-size jokes give all men life-long emotional damage is a bit of an exaggeration. And I think you're wrong to say that insulting a woman about her hair is automatically less worse than insulting a man about his penis. The weight of an insult depends on the insecurities of the person receiving it. If OP is already very self conscious about her hair, a direct insult about it would be much worse than insulting the penis of a guy who has generally high self confidence in his penis size. In that case, the insult about her hair could have worse consequences (she often wears long sleeves from then on, she believes her natural self is ugly, she will never stop shaving even if she dates a guy who is fine with arm hair) than the insult about the dude's penis (he shrugs it off). HOWEVER if it's the other way around then the guy would end up more hurt and might have lasting consequences. My point is, if you love someone of course you try to make an effort not to joke about their most vulnerable points (especially when you're angry at them). But don't go assuming that all guys are drop-dead insecure about their penis size, or that no girl in the world would feel more hurt being told she was a woolly mammoth than that her ****** was "loose."

shave your arms? What??? Are you a swimmer or something? otherwise why would someone need to shave their arms?

People can shave their arms if they want to...

Nash Grier didn't do anything bad though. I guess he has to apologize for not wanting to date a girl who has a ******* mustache.

76, he's made homophobic and racist social media posts, first of all. The video he posted may not seem offensive to you, but it has been offensive to others. Seeing how his audience is mostly young girls, it will likely have a large impact on many of them, and it's likely that the video will cause self-esteem issues in many of them. He's a stupid teenager who has little sense of respect or responsibility.

So just because he gave his own personal opinion he should be shunned and forced to apologize? Here, this should help clear things up. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZIXYM6Q-Y

OMG.. FYL. Don't do it! They will come back more dark and thick.

I've been doing it for years and my hair is actually thinner now.

my arm hair is much thinner now and it grows slowly.

rocker_chick23 27

You know shaving your hair and having it come in darker/thicker is a myth, right?

In other countries shaving your arms is actually as common as shaving your legs. Still, I wouldn't appreciate someone asking me to shave my arms or my legs, because that's your own personal preference.

Girls should shave or wax their legs for good. Especially for a very hairy situation .

Other countries? Which ones? That's bullshit, shaving your arms is not a common thing. Thank god.

in India where I live, for example. that country.

Well it just makes sense, OP. You'll be much cooler once you rid yourself of all that fur.

SaharaZinc 14

Ask him to shave his legs and see how he likes it.