By woah - 04/05/2011 11:51 - United States

Today, my boyfriend asked me how women could urinate with a tampon in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 998
You deserved it 8 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sourgirl101 28

Women have three holes so that when they get drunk, they can be carried home like a bowling ball.

Some people's children.... are male? did not have a human anatomy course in high school? were sheltered from learning about the human reproductive system? Really, ladies: when men think about your genitals, we tend to think about what we can put into them, not about what comes out of them. To a man who has lived in the United States, and grown in it's 'education' system, it's not unexpected that they (who have never had to experience a period, nor spent inordinate amounts of time watching women urinate) expect women to urinate through the big, obvious opening. The state of our education system is such that it is difficult to teach human anatomy and physiology, and understandably, the excretory process is typically not dealt with in any specific detail. Therefore, unless your boyfriend was a VERY curious child and his mother was very open, I find it hard to believe it could be expected for him to know exactly where your urethra is.

Comments

Am I the only one who thinks the people who clearly don't take their tampon out when they pee are gross? I mean think about it, how many times do you think you pee on the string? Then you're sitting around until you next change it in a little bit of your own pee. You might as well not wipe...

Why even use a tampon or pad then? You're just sitting there holding your old blood on yourself. You might as well just sit with a tube up you and stay on the toilet for four days.

Having blood on you is way better than having PISS on you! What do you think scabs are made of?

It's not like it's a huge deal either way. Both urine and blood are kind of low on the ick factor as far as being on you. Also, the blood from scabs is a bit different than your shed uterine lining.

I don't like pads, having your old blood inside yourself on a tampon is not quite the same as having it pressed against your skin with a pad. I know a few women, myself included, who get 'nappy rash' from pads. So no it's not the same at all. Keeping your menstrual blood in pretty much the same place it comes from is totally different from having it or urine on your skin!

my fiancé had to explain it to me too, you expect him to know? who'd of taught him, some biology and sex education teachers don't explain that much

monnanon 13

but they should. Our classes were taught mixed and were only seperated when we did the class about breast and testicular cancer ( don't know why the seperated us but oh well) We had a whole class about the male body and then a whole class about the female body. Thats how all schools should teach it.

k, did you ask him if women shove babies out of their bladder?!? dear god! THINK THINK THINK!!!

anybody wonder if you can shit with a boner?hmmm, questions, questions....

Why on earth don't people look on wikipedia? Most people get curious about what the other gender keep down there when they are about 8-10, so why didn't they just look it up? it's got lovely clear diagrams and everything. Not all education needs to be done in schools

Today, i asked my girlfriend how a girl can have a tampon in and still urinate. she laughed at me, moved out, and told me to kill myself. FML

So he's not an expert on ****** s. Who cares? If you want him to know more about your ******, show him.

My boyfriend asked me the same thing last week.