By TheyHaveMyAddress - 06/03/2014 05:52 - United States - Jackson

Today, my boyfriend and I went to a restaurant so I could apply for a job, and we decided to eat there. After we finished, I went to start the car. When we got home, I asked him how much the bill came to. Apparently he didn't pay. I had already given them my completed application. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 652
You deserved it 7 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Genuine mistake because he thought you'd paid or arsehole? Go back, pay and offer a sincere apology either way.

This actually guarantees you getting the job, as you will now have to work off the debt.

Comments

maybe theyll let you work for the money you now owe them?

Just call them and pay with your credit card. Stuff happens, don't compound your oversight by stealing their food.

MiloBear 11

Is the FML that you won't get the job now or that they have your contact details so they can track you down for the money?

I don't think there are any other possibilities for applying at a job

Just go back and explain, genuine mistake. They happen, they might even admire the fact you went back.

I hope you went back and explained yourself and offered them compensation. If you didn't go back then you deserve the bad karma.

JMichael 25

Go back, pay the bill and explain the situation. Surely they'll understand the mistake and still give you a chance at the job.

Goblin182 26

The person that waited on you may not know that you applied. But the right thing to do would be to go back and pay.

It would look better for you if you went back and explained. You might still have a chance.

Is your bf stupid? That was a dick move.

Why would you think its a bad move that her boyfriend did not pay. Sometimes I would pay when I was dating. Usually without telling the other person to avoid the "no, I will pay" conversation.

we dont know OP. maybe her boyfriend is the type that always picks up the bill. maybe they had agreed that he would pay. or maybe op assumed her boyfriend did what you do and pick up the bill without the other knowing. there's a ton of possibilities.