By Anonymous - 12/03/2015 16:29 - United States - Cass Lake

Today, my boss told me I got my new job because she rejected candidates that seemed "too confident" or "too pretty." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 445
You deserved it 3 031

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least nothing was said about smarts, you must have that over them! Go OP! WOOH!

Don't worry OP, all bosses are bad! Some are just worse than others!

Comments

Go forth, do a damn good job, and show your new boss exactly what you're capable of. She'll soon look like a fool when you are seen as a threat!

What? No! The boss is obviously threatened and insecure. Good performance is a sure way to get the OP fired.

brendejafulable 41

Congratulations you are officially ugly.

That's harsh but at least you got the job....

If those are her standards then someone off the street could have qualified. Let me know where to drop my resume in by the way

Not sure whether to congratulate you or not..

Congratulations?!? At least you got it. Now show your boss that you were best for the job by continuing to be awesome in your work.

Only staff are required to have a filter and internal tact sensor I interpret that to mean you got there due to your skills and intelligence. Hard work mattered and it paid off in your case

But then she thought you were still just a smidge too confident, so she told you this story.

B1ackthesun 31

That's exactly what I was thinking. Even if it is true, op everyone has different tastes just because she doesn't find you 'pretty' doesn't mean others don't. She's only one person... and not an overly nice one it seems. Also even normally confident people can get nervous in interviews.