By anonymous - 29/03/2012 15:42 - United States - Houston

Today, my boss pulled me aside to chastise me for being "off task" because I was chatting with a co-worker while working on a project. She then spent a half hour chatting with the same person about what daycare she should go to for her new baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 870
You deserved it 2 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

Bosses these days. They yell at you for one thing, and then go to the same. Let all their power go to their head.

perdix 29

You expect that you and your boss are supposed to be held to the same standard? You're not going to get very far in business. It's double-standards like this that make low-level cube monkeys aspire to become bosses.

Comments

Obviously I'm in the minority here, but OP admitted to being off task, and the boss taking her to the side to correct her. Sounds pretty decent of the boss to do it away from her peers. We don't know what the boss was there to do or on a break or whatever...but that isn't the important part. If we make a mistake, an adult steps up takes responsibility for it. Others making the same mistake doesn't lessen our responsibility to do the right thing. This is a petty thing to be worried about or whine about. Be better.

The OP did not admit to being off-task. That is what the boss CLAIMS that the OP was, when s/he was not. S/he had been talking to a co-worker WHILE working on the project. That is not off-task, that is multitasking.

Talking while working on a project is not necessarily just multitasking. Besides I have a job where I have to multitask all the time, and I can attest to it lowering my efficiency in the individual tasks. Some jobs are important enough to focus as much as possible. However, my point was only that there were obvious expectations of performance. Even if you don't think it's fair, it's a job that you get paid for. It just annoys me how entitled people are becoming. Obviously you've never had a hard job, or this wouldn't be a big deal.

cannabistea 7

Bosses can be so hypocritical.

JesusChrystler 1

You got one of those do as I say not as I do bosses, eh?

Provi90 0

New baby? Pregnant bitches be Trippin lol

anthonydude 9

Report it to the higher ups.

HopeLoveMusic 0

When I read "chastise" I thought that this was going to be a different kind of FML...

jopey 3

I'd start looking for another job.....

lovepandorasaver 11