By anonymous - 29/03/2012 15:42 - United States - Houston

Today, my boss pulled me aside to chastise me for being "off task" because I was chatting with a co-worker while working on a project. She then spent a half hour chatting with the same person about what daycare she should go to for her new baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 870
You deserved it 2 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

Bosses these days. They yell at you for one thing, and then go to the same. Let all their power go to their head.

perdix 29

You expect that you and your boss are supposed to be held to the same standard? You're not going to get very far in business. It's double-standards like this that make low-level cube monkeys aspire to become bosses.

Comments

FuhrerBurg 11

It is technicailly related to the job. If the employee can not find someone to watch their child they can't come to work.

Deadzombie 2

She's the boss, she can do whatever she wants. Get back to work!

FuhrerBurg 11

You know there's a way to reply to comments... As if 58 is going to see your comment all the way down there...

Ya who does she think she is?! Your boss or something? YDI

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Some places only have that open door policy for show. My bosses for instance, like to pick favorites, and verbally abuse the people they don't like, loudly and in front of a large group of coworkers. Whenever myself or anyone else has gone to these bosses or HR to confront this, they somehow brush it aside and change the subject onto something completely irrelevant, so that we are the ones at fault. Hostile work environments are unfortunately not uncommon, so all of us lowly peons have to suck it up and work to make that meager paycheck. Whilst actively looking for a better job, of course.

Unfortunately the world has many things that aren't right, but we sometimes just have to live with until they hopefully get better and change. The bush administration is a prime example.

I bet all the people who said you deserved it probably bosses who tell their employes not to do something but then do it themselves. Yls.