By AnonUser464 - 08/01/2013 16:40 - United States

Today, my boss called me over to his office; he wanted me to fire four hardworking employees. One of them was the girl I was going to ask out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 508
You deserved it 3 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nycwrestler 17

Your boss is a pussy. He should do it himself.

zombieslayer83 19

At least she will have plenty of free time to go on a date with you.

Comments

cradle6 13

^Cost probably. It is a business, and with all the new taxes starting in the US, we're going to see a lot more people losing their jobs than otherwise would. As for OP, it's probably better that you don't date someone that you have the ability to fire. That's a sexual harassment case just waiting for happen.

or... maybe she wasn't being 100% serious? :)

Perfect! Now that she's jobless, you can offer to take her out for those dinners she will no longer be able to afford. And soon enough you'll have a new roommate because she'll have to move in with you since she can't pay her rent. You're boss is the best wingman ever!

BongRipsForJesus 7

You are boss is the best wingman?? I'm sure you meant "your".

Yep! Shoot me! English is the third language I've learnt and I **** up quite a bit! :P

perdix 29

#43, ok, let's take it easy on #35, she does her best, so we minus well enjoy her comments.

Obey_StudBoii 23

#43 She said "you're" not "you are" learn to read douche.

61-Can I slap you with a dictionary? "You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are", moron. I do, however, agree on taking it easy on Enslaved. Learning 3 languages is no easy feat. Kudos to you.

perdix 29

#67, May I slap you . . . hahahahaha!

You shouldn't be dating subordinates anyways so just give her the news nicely and help her find a new job you could even help her with resume work and take her out to dinner to celebrate when she gets a new gig.

Why are they being fired? You can't fire people for no reason. Our district manager used to give "tests" to his managers to see if they would follow through with orders or stand up for their employees. If these employees are really good workers then stand up for them and tell your boss what you know about them. Also are they being fired or laid off? If the latter then you could suggest other less hardworking people if these employees on the block are as hardworking as you say. I am now reminded of a time I was asked to fire a co-worker because my boss didn't want to ruin their friendship. If you are in fact a co-worker rather than their boss then decline to do the job. If you are equal in status to them then you have no right or authority to deliver that news. In this situation your boss is going to have to man up and do it himself.

Many states are right to work meaning no reason is needed to let someone go

You should tell your boss that she is mentally unstable and refuses to accept the fact that you fired her/probably doesn't even remember being fired at this point just like Chandler did in Friends. If you can execute it the way he did on the show, not only will you be dating, but there will also be a promotion in her future. It's a win/win.

So... you lost out on your chance of a date, she lost her job and will have to deal with the stress of unemployment and job-hunting. I'm kinda feeling more sympathy for her right now.

TwiztedYuri 9

#18 they're "hard" workers. they make the boss feel uncomfortable with all their "hardness".

U_GotitDude 18