By Clumsyblonde22 - 04/06/2011 11:22 - United States

Today, my aunt gave my cat aspirin because when she touched his nose he had a 'fever'. I came home to a dead cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 218
You deserved it 4 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And your relatives came back to a dead aunt?

I'm sorry for your loss :( some people....

Comments

Gotta clear a few things up here. Firstly you shouldn't but you can give animals aspirin. You just have to get the dose right adequate to their weight and species. Secondly, I'm very sorry for your loss. Thirdly, why did your aunt not ask you if she can give the cat any medication? It was your cat, not hers. That's like giving your nephew or niece medication without asking your sister/brother first.

this is why I don't let idiots take care of my pets

CaroAurelia 12

And that would be the point at which I booted Auntie from the family tree. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry if I lost my cat I would be so upset.

That's terrible. Dogs can have aspirin but cats can't. It makes their hearts beat so fast. It's a bad way to go. I wish people would think before they do something do rash. You should never medicate an animal with consulting a vet.

What kind of person is dumb enough to give a cat aspirin? I would suggest telling your aunt the difference between human and cat medicine.