By Anonymous - 22/10/2014 16:09 - Norway - Egersund

Today, my 17-year-old son managed to easily convince my 13-year-old daughter that if you have sex before getting married, you'll instantly get horrible diseases that will kill you. Her freaking out is how I found out she's not only gullible as hell, but sexually active as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 297
You deserved it 6 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

maybe you should have given er the talk earlier!

earlier than 13...? nah idk she shouldn't be doing stuff that young anyway..

I got the "talk" when I was around 9... And then again when I was 11, not because my mom thought I would be sleeping around at that age, but because it's something that kids should know so that they're prepared and safe in the future.

37- Well maybe she wouldn't be doing stuff that young if she had been educated about it

parents shouldn't hold back on teaching their preteens about this stuff out of fear that education means action, they should hope that educating them will protect them from making bad decisions. and at least if they do make the decision to be sexy ally active, they'll be smart enough to protect themselves from catching a bad pregnant or having a herpes. EDIT: really? I have to leave that mistake up because it validates how important education is. smh.

nataliewby 25

Take it to your advantage and allow her to freak out. Maybe her being sexually active will sort itself out

That 17 year old is good to have around. You should have used him when they were kids by making him convince his sister to eat her vegetables and do her homework in some way.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

what makes you think it was an adult that took her innocence, it may have been a 13 year old boy or girl that did it, consensually.

Are you dumb? I would not judge the persons parenting. The generation of today's youth is filled with brats, ungrateful *****. It's not the parents it's the kids. If don't believe me just look on vine at all the kids under the age of 12 using profanity and other things that kids should not be doing.

uhm what if he's her age? i don't think that makes you a peodophile if he's her age. and just cuz her daughters having sex dosnt mean she's out there suggesting it. its called trust and I'm pretty sure she just lost it so u can stop being an idiot and go somewhere.

ohishkabibble 21

#23, you sound like such an old fart for only being 18, which is literally the age group of those "kids today" you're talking about. Do you KNOW how long people have been saying "Kids today are so disrespectful/spoiled/lazy/etc!!"? For way, waaay longer than you've been alive. People have been saying that shit for CENTURIES.

OH REARRY!!?? Thanks for your input. It was much needed.

simplysarcastics 26

Why does everyone blame the parents, most people have more than one child and instill the same values as one as they do the others. Six kids can live in the same household and all come out different. Plus when I was thirteen I was watching cartoons, obsessing over my hair, and still being a kid. You can make good decisions or bad at any age and its always your choice.

Lil_Red777 21

@34 besides trying to be a special snowflake what is your point? Yes people have been saying it for centuries, doesn't make it any less true.

Try millenia. Ancient greek and latin texts dating before and around BC talk about how the youth of the time has no morals and will burn to the ground every thing their ancestors built. I guess that's where Nero got his ideas.

@69 Actually it kinda does make it less true. People that rant about the bad bad youth kinda forget the fact that older people or even adults have said the same things when their generation was in their youth. I personally think that that sort of ranting is kinda bad because it disconnects you from the current young generation. They have other values and that is not bad unless its illegal. Rampant teen pregnancy is not a problem of younger people having sex but a lack of education. Kids should have learned the importance of protection and contraception as soon as theyre able to make/get kids. And teaching abstinence instead of how it is done and how you protect yourself from STDs and being pregnant is kinda contraproductive.

Personally, I lost my virginity at 13 as well. Not due to my parents incompetence or my upbringing or rebellious side, just because I thought I was in love, foolishly. I regret the decision to lose it so early, however I'm not a terrible little brat or pregnant teen or ****. I'm 20 now and have a normal healthy sex life with my bf. Not everyone who has sex early ends up with a ****** up life.

wow that's too young, should have had that talk a while ago. good for your son, that's funny.

Your son should be a politician or a lawyer

oh my gosh what the heck. at 13 I wasn't thinking about that stuff I was thinking about going out with friends and sleepovers. that's terrible I'm really sorry. u should keep playing along with the story.

You have done a bad parenting job if your 13 year old daughter is sexually active and you weren't aware of it. Time to man up.