By nonmormon - 18/07/2009 16:14 - United States

Spicy
Today, it was my fifth wedding anniversary. After an intense lovemaking session, my husband looked lovingly into my eyes and asked, "How do you feel about polygamy?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 157
You deserved it 4 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Cupcake10 0

#59, no! I don't want him to come to Texas...I live here! and OP, your husband is a *****-ass...polygamy is not cute. Nor sanitary for that matter. Go find something better please.

I totally agree... skanky much! >.>

I'm not sure I understand what Texas has to do with anything, but, uh... okay? While from the information I have, it doesn't seem this guy is actually interested in actual polyamory and really just wants an excuse to sleep with other women, there is _nothing_ wrong with polyamory (which, I'm assuming he really meant since polygamy is illegal and polyamory isn't a well-known term). And there's nothing unsanitary about it, either. I mean, if you're doing it right, anyway. We're very well aware of the possibility of spreading disease and, as such, we're probably safer than most monogamous people. We practice safe sex and receive regular STD testing to ensure that we don't spread diseases.

@Zargon I think the person was talking about those polygamy ranches in Texas (if they were called that). But I don't know. I could be wrong.

chicabonita5683 0

Zargon, I very much have to agree with you. I am not a polygamist or poly-amorous myself, however, it is a subject in which I have educated myself some and it really frustrates me when so many people on here are so ignorant. True, there are those out there that do practice these things simply to have two women to sleep with and whatever, but they don't understand that there are also those out there that believe that as long as you love people equally and all parties are in complete agreement, there is no harm in the situation. I am very strong into the belief of "to each his/her own" and I hate when, like many people in this site have done, we down people and talk crap about situations that we know nothing about. People don't put themselves into the opposing position...if something else were the norm, the current norm would be just as strange. Thanks for all your knowledge and comments in this conversation Zargon.

jacobblackismyse 0

i think you all need to shut the **** up it's just an FML.

Why? I see this to be a lot like Slashdot: there's a story, which might be interesting, but the comments and the discussions the FMLs spawn are really the heart of the site. If it weren't for these discussions, arguments, debates, and lectures, the comments would just be variations on "lol", "YDI", "FYL", and "me too", which would be rather lame. You don't have to read the comments, you know.

#113 my ****** fave on this whole list.

I agree w/ #124... if you don't like the comments just read the fml and vote.. you aren't forced to read everything else.

To clarify to anyone looking at this page wondering, Mormons DO NOT practice polygamy! They did for a time until the end of the 1800's. They did not invent it either. The woman who wrote this put her name as "nonmormon," suggesting that Mormons practice polygamy, but they don't. I would know, I am one.

Cattiva 0

If he wants to make a polygamy family... Answer him, that's o'k, and you will find soon another man. And alternate them on the even and the odd days.

gelatinskeleton 0

Wow, okay. 1) Everyone bashing polygamy/polyamory needs to **** off. I, personally, am a fan of monogamous relationships, and I will admit that I know very little about polygamy and its offshoots. However, I am not a fan of people who bash others for their personal choices, when they have little or no knowledge and/or experience regarding the subject. I really don't care what you're into (excluding, of course, the rightfully illegal things such as pedophilia and the like), and I openly support anyone in whatever they may choose to do, as long as it doesn't negatively affect me. If you feel you have the right to pass judgment on other people's choices, you need to wake the hell up. Nobody really gives a rat's ass about your opinions, and you're doing nothing more than embarrassing yourself by making public your own stupidity and arrogance. 2) As far as the actual FML story, it sounds like the husband is just as stupid and rude as most of the people on this site. I'd be willing to bet that he, in no way, was trying to tell his wife that he was interested in polygamy, but rather that he would prefer an open relationship, allowing him sex with multiple other partners without the commitment that comes with polygamous relationships. The fact that he mentioned it after sex proves that he does not truly wish to have an actual polygamous relationship, because if he was at all serious about sharing his personal preferences with his wife, he would have a) told her long before their five year anniversary, and/or b) waited for a more appropriate time to discuss something of such importance. And even if he does truly wish to begin a polygamous relationship, he is still an uncaring ass for how and when he broached the subject. OP's husband should probably focus on his manners before adding more women to the household, if for no other reason than to avoid the problems that are sure to begin when they realize what an asshole they have become involved with.

look if ppl wanted YOUR opinion theyd ask you. i dont see any invitation on this FML.

gelatinskeleton 0

I'm pretty sure the availability of comments in the first place, as well as the ability to post them, is invitation enough.

wolfie2394 0

I just have to laugh at that That guy has got some bloody epic balls Well done mate

xXmoses_rocksXx 0

wow...your hubby sure has balls. hahahaha but, you could have a great sex life ;]

zargon ftw!!! flawless logic I generally find that people are inclined to fight only for their own preferences, but as soon as a choice is given which they do not agree with, they assume it must be wrong. The most ridiculous part is when you try to take their justification for one personal choice; and apply it to a second, they will suggest that the second is still wrong even though the same support has been given too both scenarios.