By nonmormon - 18/07/2009 16:14 - United States

Spicy
Today, it was my fifth wedding anniversary. After an intense lovemaking session, my husband looked lovingly into my eyes and asked, "How do you feel about polygamy?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 157
You deserved it 4 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I'm kinda undecided. I don't think there's anything morally wrong with polygamy, but it has a very negative effect on marriages.

I'm surprised you didn't add "He was serious." At the end of the FML. A lot of people tend to do that.

If he was serious: wow, your life is screwed! :S I hope you don't have kids!

Well.. why would she put it on here, if he wasn't serious? Sorry, are you one of those people that needs the 'He was serious' at the end of an FML, just to make it completely clear to you?

irrelevantxx 0

You should have asked him how he felt about polyandry!

polyandry is a form of polygamy XD

That was my thought! Except I would have phrased it more like "The same way you feel about polyandry, dear.", complete with condescending tone of voice.

In common parlance, we use "polygamy" where "polygyny" (one man, many wives) is more accurate. I don't think this would an FML if the husband was saying that he wanted to bring in more dudes to put the wood to the OP. I still don't know how I earned an XD on my previous comment.

amjbic 0
mif_fml 27

OP needed to swipe at the Mormon church in the process ey?

You have no clue about Mormons!! It's so annoying how people automatically assume bad things about Mormons!

Wow... thats illegal ya know? Freakin weird..

ASpocksky 0

So I guess he wants more? that sucks... FYL.

her22_fml 0

i have been in what's called a polyamory relationship before. that is where you have more than one intimate partner and everyone knows about it. i however only chose to have the one partner, it was him that chose to have more... and where did that leave me. moving out, getting my own place and being miserable... don't do it if you have any self respect.