By nsb124 - 28/01/2015 08:07 - United States

Today, it was my brother's birthday. I was short on money but got him a present anyway. After opening it, he looked at it and said, "I didn't really want this." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 803
You deserved it 2 816

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Take it back, get a refund and spend it on yourself or something you need. If he can't be grateful or at least tactful he can go empty handed.

Ehh my little sister is the same way. No one gives her anything other than cash now. She wouldn't even pretend to be happy opening presents.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Wow, honestly I wouldn't even give her anything. She doesn't really sound like she appreciates or deserves presents OR cash. :/

She never gives cash or presents either. She is still loved though. It could be 10 years from now. But one day she'll mature enough and give me a present.

I guess this FML depends on how old OP's brother is, but then again I knew how to plaster on a fake smile and thank people for giving me presents before I was six.

Wow, no offense but your brother is kind of an ungrateful bastard. If I got a present I didn't want I would at least pretend to be happy and thank them for the effort and money put into getting it

take it back, if he's going to be ungrateful about it he doesn't deserve it.

He's your brother, shouldn't he be able to be honest with you? Or would you prefer he pretend and lie about liking your gift, just to have it sit somewhere untouched in a drawer? That's the little money you had thrown down the drain. If you can't afford a gift you know he'll appreciate, then why not just make a nice day together, instead? Make him breakfast or plan a dinner. Take him to see a movies matinée, etc... I once washed my sister's car because I was broke at the time. She was thrilled!

How would he know his brother wouldn't like it. You don't intentionally buy Someone something they won't like. Also if he's broke how would he be able to pay for a movie and dinner.

Broke means different things to different people, #37.

It is my opinion that any gift considers the recipient. If you're not sure if it's something they'd want, get them a gift card for their favorite store. Or a prepaid gift credit card for use at any establishment. These situations are easy to avoid.

This is why I don't buy people presents. Or accept them. From anyone.

So if I gave you $1000 dollars you wouldn't accept it? You know, because anything from anyone is not valued or appreciated enough in your opinion right? I feel sorry for you. If somebody goes through the process of even thinking or wanting to give me something, no matter what it is, I'm happy and grateful. You poor poor, selfish, ungrateful soul.