By Anonymous - 05/07/2009 04:57 - United States

Spicy
Today, it was my boyfriend and my six-month anniversary. I've really fallen in love with him, and I know he loves me the same. So I got him a really nice gift, a watch he's had his eye on for as long as I've known him. It was expensive. What does he get me? A condom. Three actually. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 209
You deserved it 9 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Six months and you buy him a really expensive watch?

Not very many guys think every month-iversary is particularly special, especially since a lot of girls tend to have their own 'schema' as to which ones are important and which aren't.

Comments

eeee93757 0

Sixth month anniversary? Anniversary means one year...not applicable to a period of months. Judging by all of this, just a shot in the dark, you aren't a teenage girl are you?

purplellamatree 0

If you want to celebrate 6 months of dating... fine (although for the hundredth time it's not called an anniversary) but if you didn't explicitly TELL your boyfriend then YDI 100%. You can't expect someone to automatically know that you want to celebrate something like that.

For my "six month anniversary" my boyfriend went to a few supermarkets and got me like six different brands of my favorite kind of tea. I am a huge fan of tea and I was very touched that he got me anything at all. This is the form that gifts for minor milestones should take - should you choose to exchange them at all - relatively small, thoughtful reminders that you've been paying attention. It's nice to do something to recognize little things like that, but I've never understood why people make such a huge deal out of six months. If the relationship is any good the first six months should fly by anyway. It's like, is dating each other so painful that you're literally counting the days? It makes me think of some guy in a prison cell etching another tally mark on his wall.

"and I know he loves me the same." Bullshit! No, he doesn't! You love him as your little, sexless Ken doll who you can decorate with expensive accessories and show off all over town, but he loves you enough to **** you. Safely, of course. I guess your life is ****** because you haven't been! HAHAHAHA!

Was OP putting out before this? If She was, then he is just a jerk, but if she wasn't, maybe she should take the hint and figure out that he wants something other than a watch.

Take a hint. No guy would give a girl condoms as a gift if the sex isnt lacking.

kellyyo 0
Twin_Uzis 0

That's what you get for thinking an "anniversary" means anything other than "yearly."