By Anonymous - 30/06/2009 14:45 - United States

Spicy
Today, I woke up to my boyfriend throwing my birth control box at me and shouting that I was a slut for cheating on him since we never had sex. I attempted to explain the birth control was for a condition I have that causes my period to be non-existent. He didn't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 282
You deserved it 7 332

Same thing different taste

Comments

i dont get periods without birth control either. tell him to look it up

No, you know what?? You deserve it. You should have explained this to him before he had to find out on his own. It sounds like you two have been together for a while and possibly even living together. If you're in a mature relationship, he shouldn't have to question why you're taking birth control pills. He shouldn't have to look it up first. If you had told him from the get go then there wouldn't be any problems. My girlfriend also takes birth control pills for reasons aside from not getting pregnant but she discussed it with me.

I think it's her decision whether she tells him or not - besides, if you're not at a stage in your relationship where you're having sex, talking about your vag and periods is probably pretty damn awkward. Especially since I assume they're younger. Yes, birth control and conditions like that aren't things men are generally very knowledgeable about since it's not something they have to deal with, but he should have asked when he found the pills. Also it's implied in the story that he was rummaging through her stuff, which is just creepy.

nicolejeanb 0

you are a douche! i have the same condition and i wouldn't openly discuss with my boyfriend... it is my business, im dealing with it and how'd he find her pills in the first place was he going through her stuff?!

you should have discussed this w him a long time ago n why aren't u giving him any?

lmmmr 0

Probably because he isn't mature enough to understand the benefits of birth control as medication, or mature enough to approach difficult situation with logic, reason and respect, or mature enough to know not to ******* throw things at people. I think that's a pretty good reason for "not giving him any."

I_ate_pikachu 0
cici_catastrophe 0

Wow... he has issues.... i have pcos and had to start on bc so my period would start... and i told my bc about it... Plus if i do ever have sex with him ill have less chance of getting pregnant. My bf doesnt mind at all cause he knows i need it ^^ He sounds like a control freak. Dump him if he cant have an adult conversation with you about the situation. Good luck :)

lastminuteperm 0

Sounds like he has both trust and anger issues. You deserve better.

GDinNJ 0

To all of you who are saying "You should have told told him," seriously? Not only is it her personal medication, but if how many guys here really want to hear about their girlfriends periods? I doubt I would tell my boyfriend if there was any problem with mine, whether said problem did or did not lead to my use of birth control. And the fact that he freaked out so much makes me think he's a dick. Which makes me think that the possibility of him actually cheating on you might be pretty high. From what I've heard, when you cheat on someone, your paranoia increases dramatically. Just a heads up. And, of course, these are all assumptions.

If you can't talk to your boyfriend about a period then grow up or find another boyfriend that you CAN talk to about that. Don't be in a personal relationship with someone if you're old enough to have sex but can't talk about sexual topics or ANY personal topic for that matter.. Sounds to me like you women need to grow up just as much as that guy.

Hugorgy 0

It never said that they were ready to have sex. That's the whole situation. The boy find the pills, and since they are not having sex, automatically supposes it means she is having sex with someone else. If the two aren't ready for something as intimate as sex, sex topics like birth control, periods, and such don't come up.

GDinNJ 0
GDinNJ 0

And although I know you were probably also addressing the OP...you replied to my post, so I got the feeling it might be towards me as well. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

123sploosh 0

OMGGGGGG I HAVE THE SAME THING. but i told him cause we are close but yeah samee thing my dad did the same to me

Your DAD did? He must not know you very well. O_O

totalnutjob 0

Dump his ignorant ass!! Bad sign of character if his first reaction after jumping to a conclusion is to go off on ya. Maybe a couple of questions would have been in order first? Stop dating this mental midget. There are far better and more understanding guys out there.