By Lapis - 20/12/2009 19:42 - United States

Today, I woke up to a quite frigid room, which wasn't out of the ordinary since my building's heat is broken. But I realized that the extra cold I was feeling was due to the snow piled up on my bed. It had snowed 20 inches last night. My mom had apparently opened my window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 958
You deserved it 2 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would your mom open a window when it's cold enough to snow there, and the heat is broken?

Maybe she wanted a snow angel? :D Oh, I crack myself up. In my mind, anyway.

Comments

Why the hell would your mom open the window when its that cold and no heat? And why dont you have screens in your windows? This seems kinda fishy but still very possible. If so FYL!

There are SOME Moms, like my boyfriends', who open the windows, no matter how flippin cold it is outside, just to "Let some air in".

Yeah, it could be what #21 said about letting some air in. I know some people's room have a funky smell, so a window is opened in attempt to let the funk out. Haha, I did have a screen in my bedroom window, and then my dad busted it out by mistake when trying to fix a hole.

abbypaige4 0

it could've been stuffy that day, and just gotten cold at night. And, at least in my family, you take the screens down in the winter because there is not use for them. They are only to keep out bugs, which there aren't very many of in winter.

potatopeeler 0

There was a blizzard warning for the entire day and Friday night, along with weather forecasts the week before. In this case, you don't open a window just to "let some air in."

tdwprulezd00d 0
HiFi17 0

You're lucky you only have 20 inches, i live on Long island, and i got 3 feet!

tdwprulezd00d 0

I live on LI too and we only got 2 feet....

It looks like it's time for that visit to Child Protective Services....

today I was covered in snow cause I'm a ****** hobo. FML... douche.

flemhead 0

oh shit. that's kinda hilarious though i would be so disoriented

I don't know if I believe this. I live in NY too, and while it is true that most of the blizzard happened overnight, it had been snowing steadily since about noon the day before. At least six inches happened before anyone would go to sleep. I say fake. Unless his mom opened the window sometime in the night.

poeticpunk77 0

He may live in upstate NY or something. I live in CT and we got 6 inches where I am while my friend who lives about 40 minute away got 15 inches.

20 inches of snow piled on your bed from an open window?that's almost 2 ft of snow. highly unlikely there would have been that much on your bed before you would of woke up. the snow would ha e covered your head too. not just the bed.

you would definitely feel the weight of 20 inches of snow piled on your chest or back, so this might not be a complete fake but probably an exaggeration.