By ausmill12 - 19/11/2012 06:18 - United States - Pensacola

Today, I witnessed a robbery as a teenager ran out of a Walgreens with stolen goods in his hands. The manager was running after him. Trying to be helpful, I pulled forward to block the thief from getting away. The cops showed up and arrested me for hitting a pedestrian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 659
You deserved it 5 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GTA Logic - Someone runs into your car, you get 1 wanted level

Comments

bybib 20

I don't see where OP said they actually hit the person. Could it not have been they ran into the car? And the cops were being dumb? I'm sad to admit I have seen it before.

Being a cop is about making money, it was never about doing the right thing.

bybib 20

For some, not all. I have met a few good cops and a few bad. Unfortunately the bad are remembered and talked about more then the good.

Airman1988 9

Well then they are in the wrong career field, cops don't make that much money respectively in most cities.

You could say the same about any profession that pays well. It all depends on the person, not the job.

Couldn't you have conferred with the cop and the manager to check the tapes? Most stores like Walgreens and CVS have a camera out front to see where shoplifters go and to monitor shit in the parking lot, so you should have asked them to check the tapes and see what happened.

The arrest was not unfair. Your car is not going to block someone fleeing on foot. He'll run forward a few extra feet and then go around it, unless, of course, you hit him. The manager is not going to starve if someone runs off with $100 worth of crap. Although I'm sure hitting him wasn't intentional, it was negligent. You put people's lives in danger.

Praisethelawd 0

Why would you even involve yourself? Kinda your fault. Fyl you deserve it,

"Billy don't be a hero". Your heart was in the right place but your action became a huge liability. If you did hit the thief with your car (I'm guessing it's a car we're talking about) and you accidentally killed him or paralyzed him, then what?

OP didn't think they were above the law. They weren't trying to hit the thief, they were trying to block him off, and ACCIDENTALLY hit him in the process. Read the FML again.

Why is everyone saying OP should've minded his own business? Peter Parker did that, and guess what happened? Uncle Ben died. THINK OF UNCLE BEN! You have to sit back and ask yourselves: WWPPD?

Trisha_aus 15

Mhmmm Peter Parker..he can do whatever he wants ;)

Andrew Garfield can do whatever he wants... To me.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought of Uncle Ben.

RedPillSucks 31

Uncle Ben makes the best rice