By Anonymous - 29/05/2013 04:32 - United States - Sparta

Today, I went to the Doctor's for a mole my husband had said was, "growing and changing color". It turned out to be a wood tick. My husband knew, but said it was too "icky" to take off himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 592
You deserved it 7 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time he wants a *******, tell him it's too "icky".

Did you punch him? I would've punched him.

Comments

Ticks are like fleas either or not much of a problem...bet he was was just scared of it jumping on him..,

Did this FML show up twice for anyone else?

Yeah! I was just looking for someone who thought so.

The important detail we're missing here is your definition of removing them. Yes, they are easy to take off if you simply grab and rip it off; however, you are more than likely going to leave the head still inside your body which is gross and can cause infection or disease. If we're talking about properly removing one- head and all- then no, they are not overly easy to remove. Also I've heard some ticks release poison when killed (not positive about that though?), so again, you would need to remove them in one piece and alive, not just rip the body off.

dontpanic_fml 32

My definition of removal is actual and proper removal, which is what you described. So yeah. Maybe you've informed some people that leaving the head in is a gateway to disease.

A girl i knew got Limes disease from a tick for not removing it properly.

Please tell me you are joking. That is really sad. I'm so sorry.

BriannaMGK 15

Your husband should be called your wife now!

@dontpanic Put eucalyptus oil on them, they will fall out. Easy ;)

dontpanic_fml 32

Well, I just hope I never have another opportunity to test that, but that's good to know. Thanks for the tip!