By Anonymous - 04/10/2009 04:06 - United States

Today, I went to my Homecoming dance. I had a great time until some fat girl kept trying to dance with my date, even though he politely asked her to stop. I decided to intervene. I found myself pinned to the floor by a fat girl crushing on my date, who was cheering her on as she tackled me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 442
You deserved it 93

Top comments

Did someone have to tempt her off you with a McDonalds happy meal?

AliMarie 0

How did you decide to "intervene"? Probably not a good idea to start shit with people who are double your size . . .

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
byob_fml 0
Sun_Kissed18 25

Usually I would agree but once, at a dance a few years back, a fat guy fell on my best friend and broke her ankle soo yeah FYL.

scorpioserpent 1

The fat cow should be bitch slapped, not the op! Not only does the classless fatty try stealing someones date, since she obviously can't get one herself, she than smashes people with her rolls.

Star9919 0

LMFAO to #86! I would've given up if my boyfriend was cheering her on. I would say, 'F this! Go dance with him, IDC!' and make him dance with her fat rolls for the rest of the day!

Shut the **** up 15, your just saying that to defend the fat women who get dick so they tackle people way hotter than them to make themselves feel better. And your doing so because you are one of them. You are the epitome of fat boyfriendless losers.

PistenDeer 0

Spoken by fatass. You sir are idiots. Being fat IS NOT normal. I have nothing against fat people but it's NOT alright to be fat. Wanna know why? No fat man/woman can live without health problems.

PistenDeer - I beg to differ. It is YOU who is the idiot, my friend. I am fat. 250 pounds, 6 foot 4, and I eat healthily and exercise frequently. My metabolism is very slow, so what I eat doesn't digest as quickly. And, guess what - are you sitting? - I am perfectly healthy! =O I have no health risks due to my weight. So before you make the gross judgment that no fat person can live without health problems, you need to talk to EVERY SINGLE fat person in the world and look at ALL of their medical records, analyze ALL of their lifestyles and then maybe you can make a statement such as yours. But until you do that, you have no business talking about how no fat person can live without health problems. Peace out

yeah dude, unless you're a professional athlete, 250lb even at 6'4" is still not healthy.

I don't have anything against fat people, I just don't feel sorry for them at all. They did it to themselves, I understand that theres people with diseases that can't help it, but really, I don't think that that the majority of the American population has any diseases that cause them to be overweight. They just don't exercise enough and eat to much crappy food.

SFMember 0

You're slightly on track, #17. But still, even those people who DO have a "Thyroid Problem", which is usually the excuse, can help to not get fat by NOT EATING SO MUCH. Its called self control. Your body can't store fat unless you're feeding it fat to store. Plus if you're also exercising, your body has no choice but to feed off of those fat cells. And for anybody who doesn't know, your body burns fat tissue long before it will start to break down muscle tissue. OP, sucks to be you, only because your boyfriend cheered her on. But you're still in highschool so, it doesn't matter. You'll have more boyfriends in your future. Anything that happens during high school (Other than your grades), doesn't matter throughout the rest of your life. Your grades only matter to get into college.

Um a thyroid problem can cause your metabolism to slow dramatically. To the point that it wouldn't even make sense to eat so little.

Actually, your body can store fat even if you're not feeding it any fat at all. Our bodies have mechanisms that allow us to synthesize saturated fats from carbohydrates. It's not so much about what you eat as how much you eat (though eating the wrong kinds of food will hurt you in other ways, such as vitamin deficiency).

I know several people with hypothyroidism, and they are all very slim. How? It's because they watch what they eat. So yeah - if you're fat, quit whinging and blaming everything else! Just go DO something about it

haha my aunt had a thyroid problem she takes medication and exercises regularly and she's in shape now

My aunt used to be a firefighter, enrolled in the army, volunteered at the conservation corps, blah blah blah. Then her thyroid started acting up, all her life she's been dramatically up and down and can't control it, not to mention her adult on-set asthma. I'm not saying this is the norm, but her weight is really not her fault. Even now she is working in a correctional facility as a guard (which has required weekly trainings/exercises), but she's well over 200 lbs at about 5'4". I do agree that the majority of Americans are lazy slobs who don't care for themselves properly, but there is the rare case in which the person has no control at all.

My best friend doesn't have a thyroid, and she's very overweight despite the fact that she exercises and doesn't eat much at all because it's slowed down her metabolism so much. And yeah, people with thyroid problems could starve themselves to be thin, but that would probably be less healthy than being fat. What most people don't realize is that being overweight is actually healthier than not getting enough of the nutrients your body needs. Also, everyone's different. I'm sure plenty of people with thyroid problems are thin because it affects them differently. I mean, I have PCOS and while it's hard for me to stay at an okay weight, I manage to avoid being fat. But I know people with the same condition who are obese even though they don't eat a lot.

xxcrazybestiexx 0

I agree with #17. also fyl, because all that drama at homecoming. U should have got some cake or something......plus now u know not to start stuff with people way bigger than u.

fake... why would he all of a sudden start cheering against you. loser

You know, this entire situation may have been avoidable. It's all in how you handle it and how mature you are. When you get out of high school you will find that the one's who thought they were the "big fish" in that little pond will soon find they are the "little fish" in the big ocean. And all your preconcieved ideas about people were wrong. You will find out EXACTLY how small and insignificant you really are. Everything you thought was OK in the way you treat people will be different. Be kind. It doesn't take THAT much energy and time. You will feel better about yourself. Believe me, the ass you kick and mistreat today may be the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. People NEVER forget who was unkind to them. Seen it happen quite a few times. So, grow up and play nice. Handrails down and locked in position.

You sir, are god in disguise. Bless you

KillaKingPerrie 4

YDI for not sticking and moving.

triplethreat13 0

Normally I would tell you it doesn't help your case to call her a fat girl, but even then, she kinda made your homecoming a nightmare.

YDI for obviously not having enough meat to fend her off.

MaximumRide 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

...so what if they can't "throw up"? Doesn't change that they're fat. And she wasn't mean to her. Some people? They're fat. Saying it doesn't make it any more or less so. P.S. some people just have good metabolisms. ;)

raydot 0

"Fat" isn't a derogatory term. It's an adjective. If you're fat, you're fat. Do something about it. Also the people that are thin usually work out rather than throw up. If you're concerned about the condition of your body, go to the gym, lay off the junk, you'll fit into a four before you know it.

Except for those people who just won't. Not everyone is made to be a four.

lifeislife_fml 0

I hate how "fat" is now considered a derogatory term. Let's stop calling people skinny then too, all right? Yeah, not happening anytime soon.

Well. Maybe because "overweight" is a nicer way of saying it? I mean, "Irishman" is a politically correct, inoffensive word. "Paddy" is considered derogatory because it's meant to be offensive. For the most part, "fat" is meant to be an insult and therefore it becomes offensive when in use. That's it. And to #33; I broke my leg a while ago, and my activity level plummeted while I was recuperating. After sitting around in a cast for a while and then having to go through physical therapy to actually walk properly, I'd lost motivation for strenuous physical activity because it actually HURT. Since then, I've gained quite a bit of weight, although I used to be a VERY healthy size. Despite that, I NEVER fit into a 4. End of story. I'm a wide-set individual and wasn't "tiny" even when I was a healthy weight. So exercise doesn't always quite make everyone a size 4--you have to have the right body post-exercise.

I second #44. At the weight of 120lbs, I was still wearing a size 10 because I have wide hips and large butt. I was still large at a perfectly healthy weight. Got called fat ass plenty of times, despite the fact the military cleared me as physically fit. And "fat" is insulting when it's used as insult, same for "skinny". The OP was clearly using the "fat" to insult, not to be factual. The other girl's appearance shouldn't have anything to do with what happened. OP could have been overwhelmed and pinned down just because the other girl was stronger than her.

The OP is probably only constantly calling that girl fat because she tried to steal her date. She probably wouldn't refer to her as "some fat chick" if that girl was nice to her. If someone did something like that to me I'd insult her too.

Plus, bulimia won't help you be thin. It ruins your throat, teeth, and screws your body up internally. It doesn't help to lose weight. So saying that someone could throw everything up to be tiny is an untrue statement in many cases.

I love your prose. The fat girl was literally crushing your with her massive rolls of fat while she was figuratively crushing on your boyfriend. Pure poetry! You have such a way with language. Too bad that the world learned of your talent because you were dating a closet plumpa humpa.