By Anonymous - 25/09/2016 11:22 - United States - Hills

Today, I went downstairs completely naked to get water, completely forgetting that my daughter had a sleepover and they were in the living room. The ice dispenser woke some of them up, including my daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 198
You deserved it 13 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lizzy500 16

There's a thing called a bathrobe, might want to get one and hang it on the back of your bedroom door. I'm no prude and sleeping nekkid is fine, but if you've got kids and they're old enough for sleep overs, they probably are old enough to be uncomfortable with parental nudity.

If you think you feel bad about that, believe me, your daughter feels 100 times worse.

Comments

Okay, so this might be because I'm from a more "open" country, but I don't see a problem with being naked around your child. No, you should not be naked when other peoples children are in your house. Why should young kids, girls and boys alike, learn that naked bodies are wrong and need to be hidden? I don't say that you should always walk around with everything hanging out, but no child was ever harmed from seeing their parents naked (if we assume that they have a "normal" child/parent relationship with nothing but family-feelings between them)

THANK YOU! I grew up seeing my parents walking around naked on a regular basis and I'm fine. Nudity isn't always associated with sexuality, and it never is when it's in a parent/child relationship. People should stop seeing evil in everything.

ollygollymolly 6

I grew up suuuuper religious and learning about how horrid it was when Adam and Eve learned they were naked. As an adult I'm finding out that it really is no big deal. My parents are coming to visit my home for the first time next week and I'll be surprised if I don't accidentally go downstairs naked. I'm always naked.

Mungolikecandy 19

It must get chilly in the winter.

MoroseMoose 47

YES. Non-sexual nudity is fine. This is how I'm raising my kids.

Most of my fellow Americans are afraid of their own biology.

Exactly! I grew up with my mom walking around naked! She never did it in front of friends or accidentally ! When I would have company she would always make sure hey we're gone first.

YDI, you should have more respect than to walk around naked knowing there's a house full of teenage girls, whether it was the middle of the night or not.

Better hope none of the girls tell their parents because there's a massive storm coming if they do. Sorry man but YDI.

Well it's kinda your own fault for forgetting and why would you walk around naked in the first place if you had a daughter? I'm sure she doesn't want to see her nude father. But alas, sorry OP, it was morning...

Why are you walking around the house naked at all when you have a child living with you?

ollygollymolly 6

Because not every household is built on nudity being the worst thing ever.

You deserved it, but those poor traumatized children didn't.

When I was growing up we had one bathroom an some times my dad forgot to close the door or I would either way I say my dad naked meany times despite that I'm not scared for life though I'll admit I never got use to it an just cause a dad walks around naked at night dose not make him a perv

Mungolikecandy 19

You have a daughter old enough to have sleepovers. Why are you wandering around the house naked?