By trees - 24/07/2013 16:44 - United States - Waupaca

Today, I watched one of my neighbor's trees fall into the electrical lines outside my house. This was after he took a chainsaw to the tree. He refuses to cover the damages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 321
You deserved it 2 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Take legal action or call the police, its damage of personal property and clearly you have the evidence in a form of a giant tree.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that OP. Do you have any proof that he made the tree fall?

Comments

The power company will make your neighbor pay for damages to their equipment/lines. However you'll have to file an insurance claim. Sorry but you can't force them to pay for damages and that's why you have insurance. You do have insurance right? Your premium should be raised because of damage caused by the neighbor. This type of situation is usually exempted from rate increases.

Goblin182 26

Usually in cases where someone other than the policy holder is responsible for the damages the policy holder's insurance will pay, then go after the responsible party.

DorkAlert 10

Nope, your wrong. OP won't get charged at all. Only the neighbor who caused the damage.

Don't let someone get away with that shit! Sue him!

I'd sue him. Him cutting down the tree, it was foreseeable that it could fall into the power lines.

DorkAlert 10

3 things. 1. Don't you mean telephone lines cuz rarely are there electrical lines outside someones house. 2.Idiots never wanna pay for things like this. They always think either tax payer money or the company should pay. 3. I hit a light pole down with my car once. I payed for it.

File a civil suit. Take his ass to court.

wafflefriez91 17
wafflefriez91 17

What is op and why does everyone keep saying that?