By Anonymous - 04/08/2009 20:22 - United States

Today, I was working the lighting for a drama production. In the last scene, two characters realize they are in love and kiss, then the stage goes dark. I mixed up my settings, and instead of a blackout, flashing party lights started going off. 300 people turn around to stare at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 532
You deserved it 39 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maddoctor 10

Well at least it was a dramatic finish!

greenltrn2003 0

**** the drama lets party!!!!!!!!!

Comments

I'll bet it was more of an interesting ending though. and it fits, because it's like a celebration. for some reason though I can't get the image of cash cab out of my head.

thespian 0

Hey, I do a lot of theatre at school (look at my name, duh.) One time the kid working our lights accidently hit the "blackout" button in the middle of a scene. We worked around it by saying "I knew we should of bought a new generator!" Live theatre happens, you just have to work with it.

polish_techie 0

Its not as easy as you think...some older boards like to jump ahead in the cues...I've had it happen to me several times

emily_woosley642 0

Taking away the nude aspect credit goes to costume design thank you. Dont forget the seamstresses!

Well if the cast was a good cast, one that was loyal and had each other's backs, they would all come out onstage dancing to the music for an unexpected curtain call. That's what I would do. :D Everybody would get a kick out of that, guaranteed.

ofcoursemyluck_fml 0

thats fricken awesome though embarassing but if i was in the audiance i would of laughed so hard :]

chedda127 0

Oh man, I feel your pain, I'm a lighting designer too and on the last night of my last show in college i screwed up a light cue and the house lights went on during an point in the show but I managed to save it by moving to the next cue which was similar to the one i messed up. I was so pissed that I was doing so great until that night. You're not alone my friend.

Lol that's awesome! I know whenever I realize I'm in love and kiss, there are flashing party lights going off in my mind, so I think your interpretation is a bit more realistic. way-to-go, you!