By bitch - 07/10/2013 07:37 - Australia

Today, I was working behind the bar at a club. After serving drinks to a guy, he asked me if I could carry them outside to the two girls waiting for him. I scowled at him and told him I wasn't a waitress. That's when I realised he had one arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 527
You deserved it 56 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I understand your frustration, but there really was no need to scowl and snap at him. People deserve some courtesy.

I feel obligated to click YDI just because you replied so rudely. I completely understand where you're coming from when asked to help carry his drinks, but there's no need to snap at the poor guy.

Comments

so rude of you. you must have apologize to that person

Aside from the fact that you "scowled" at him, if I were in his position, I would see this as "she didn't even notice and just treated me like a normal bar patron" which isn't actually a bad thing if you think about it.

most disable people would rather be treated like everyone. good job op not discriminating with your rudeness

You're right, it's not bad that she treated him like a normal bar patron, but if that's how she treats all her customers, then that is bad. If you work in service then it is part of your job to be polite and friendly. If you can't manage that, you shouldn't have that job. People deserve to be treated with respect and even if someone asks a stupid question it doesn't give you the right to be rude to them. However, the respect thing goes both ways- if the customer had asked or demanded her help in a rude way, then I completely understand her response.

hcollins1 18

If she were busy, it's kind of hard to observe and notice every little thing of every customer.

I don't feel sorry for any guy who has two girls waiting for him. Even if it doesn't work out he still has the one hand.

YDI for being rude. I also don't get why those girls didn't get their own drinks.

turtlesarerad14 13

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to be such a ****, OP.

My father worked as a bartender throughout college to pay for his schooling. He watched countless other bartenders get fired because they acted superior to the waitstaff or were rude to customers. One man lost his job because he was rude to the niece of the owner and called her something equivalent to a "butter faced beer monkey." You should have been more polite. You are not above helping out people, they are your customers and are the reason you have a job. You should be aware that you are not irreplaceable, especially in this economy. Depending on the policies of the bar, how busy it was, etc. you merely had to tell him, politely, that you are not allowed to leave the bar. Then when you noticed his arm, you could have offered to watched one of the drinks while he went outside. No need to be a huge bitch to people.

Did he have a gun? A face mask? Flashing lights all over him? You need to be careful he could have been a one armed bandit.

don't feel sad.. if were knowing that earlier u must hav not talked to him like that.. u r feeling guilty that shows u r good at heart..

monnanon 13

no it dosnt it shows she has a lot of guilt. if she was a good person she wouldnt have scowles at someone with two arm either.

if a normal man asks her for that instead of carrying himself , y will she carry if the man is very well capable to do that ?? this is not her job n she ain't anyone's slave.. the reaction came out for that point only.. if she might have known that earlier obviously she wud have helped..

monnanon 13

its not her job to help the one armed guy either. as a disabled person myself i know that you dont start somethjng you know you cant do and expect everyone to jump to attention.