By bitch - 07/10/2013 07:37 - Australia

Today, I was working behind the bar at a club. After serving drinks to a guy, he asked me if I could carry them outside to the two girls waiting for him. I scowled at him and told him I wasn't a waitress. That's when I realised he had one arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 527
You deserved it 56 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I understand your frustration, but there really was no need to scowl and snap at him. People deserve some courtesy.

I feel obligated to click YDI just because you replied so rudely. I completely understand where you're coming from when asked to help carry his drinks, but there's no need to snap at the poor guy.

Comments

Then you aren't someone who has "one arm myself". There is a major difference between missing a limb and just limited use of a limb.

YDI. You need to work on your customer service skills. And be more observant.

No offense, you have "one working arm" not "one arm." Which I suppose could make it even harder because people expect you to be able to use it and not have an 'invisible disability.'

It was just a question and I didn't mean to offend her by it. I thought I asked politely.

I see. Thank you for answering and I'm sorry if my question offended you, that wasn't my intention. I wish you much luck in your life.

Even if she was not aware of the gentleman's disability, she could have acted nice to him. After all, we never know what people we meet upon go through so always be kind to them.

How could you have not noticed? YDI Unless you're blind in the eye on his lost arms side

happyfingers 15

Hahahahahaha That's horrible but funny XD Stuff happens, you'll both get over it. And next time I bet you'll be a little nicer, huh? At least until you've counted their limbs anyway.

bkolek 13

I've seen lots of bartenders carry drinks out to customers. That and actually being nice is how tips are made.