By fmlmylife - 11/03/2009 05:04 - United States

Today, I was walking to school and decided to be a good citizen by picking up a beer can on the sidewalk. I then walked on to my school's campus where I then got suspended by my dean for "trying to rebel", grounded by my parents for getting suspended, and an MIP from the school's police guard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 675
You deserved it 9 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What made you think it would be a good idea to walk on campus with an empty beer can?

Comments

.__. They could've given you a blood alcohol content, couldn't they? Instead of just assuming?

considering this doesn't happen, your a prick. even if it did, YDI and you're dumb.

wow, lots of nice comments saying you're a liar, guess nobody has been anywhere idiotic things like this happen, lol that's seriously gotta suck, but if your school really has zero tolerance there's nothing you can do about it, only a stupid rule has NO exceptions, and obviously your case should be one.

There has to be more to this story. Sounds like a load of crap to me. Whatever moderators allowed this on the front page need to stop moderating.

Ok lets say this actually did happen; this story is clearly an exaggeration. Maybe you got suspended but there is absolutely no way you got an MIP.

How is this an exaggeration? There are zero tolerance policies for a lot of schools dealing with drugs and alcohol. Zero tolerance means absolutely NO TOLERANCE. It's OP's fault kind of for walking on to campus with it, but it's more than likely for them to get an MIP

you guys are dumb, i go to a normal public high school and unless you are known for being a "good" kid, this can totally happen to you, i believe you dude and i say you kill the cop, your parents and the principal. but you're still an idiot for throwing it away at school.

Speaking as parent who has collided with my kid's school zero-tolerance policy, this is one hundred percent plausible to me. And it turns out principals don't like it when you tell them all their zero-tolerance policy does is teach students the school administration is either unwilling, unable, or afraid to use judgment. Probably all three.

Squintz123 0

Yeah, I'm not believing this for one second...

zebendyone 0

I wish these people who don't believe this is true would learn to read the other comments. We have people with experience who said it HAS and DOES happen. Zero-tolerance policies obviously don't work. Kudos, #22