By realnotimaginary - 15/12/2016 06:00

Today, my boss gave me a lecture accompanied with a formal warning because I failed to take notes during a client meeting. I was never at this client meeting, in fact, I had a call with another client at the same time. Regardless, he insists I was there and refuses to listen to reason. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 169
You deserved it 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leo1106 15

Bosses like that really make the work place toxic and are the reason why companies can have high employee turnover. Hope he changes or you find something better, OP. Best of luck.

Comments

HighasaCloud 46

Contest the warning. There should be records that prove you were doing your job elsewhere.

tounces7 27

Whaaaaaat? You can't be in two places at once??? Clearly you're not trying hard enough

leo1106 15

Bosses like that really make the work place toxic and are the reason why companies can have high employee turnover. Hope he changes or you find something better, OP. Best of luck.

You need to contact HR to file a complaint and contest the warning. The only logical reason he would do this is probably to put blame on you for something he should have done. Either that or he's an idiot, but either way you're gonna have to get ahold of someone higher up to make sure your jobs safe from this yutz.

Well, I mean, he's not entirely wrong. Notes were not taken. Accuse him of gross negligence for not preventing the birth of Bin Laden, since this is clearly the logic by which he operates.

Does he show up to work drunk? My dad had an issue like this with a boss before, and the guy just never knew what was happening. Why? Because he was always drunk.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

This is a set-up. Fight back now or it'll never end. See if you can get the phone records or their equivalent.

saffy66 34

Sadly, some people's inflated egos prevent them from ever admitting fault.