By HP_22 - 01/12/2009 16:17 - United States

Today, I was the only employee at a video store where I work when it got robbed. After crying, shaking and spending two hours and dealing with the police, my boss called and told me it was good experience and I would know what to do next time, then made me finish my shift, the night shift, alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 724
You deserved it 3 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crzyry 6

Lol, your boss is an ass and I'd quit. FYL

Don't worry. Video stores will soon become extinct. You'll be out of a job in no time.

Comments

Poke_my_mon 0

You should've stole some money too with the robber, and pretended that the robber took more. Stick it to the prick.

You should have just walked out and let people ransack the place.

I'm in love with your profile picture

It sucks that you had to stay at work after going through what was to you, a traumatizing experience. However, this is the "get back on the horse" theory. The longer it takes to get back to doing something, the more afraid of it you are going to be. Your job is going to require you to work the night shift alone quite a bit. So yeah. Your boss made you stay alone in the store. Get over it.

mj2123 0

The "get back in the saddle" theory doesn't usually apply to IMMEDIATELY after an extremely traumatic event.

bbyeeyore 0

Sounds like the video store you work at is in a bad are, I would quite screw getting shot and laying there for hours before someone Realizes what happened

Kylias 6

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that English isn't Starfire22's first language. I think they mean:: "Sounds like the video store you work at is in a bad area. I'm sure if you got shot you'd be laying there for hours before someone realizes what happened."

Nope American born n bred ;) sorry wrote this on my iPhone before I went into work, but your interpretaion is correct.

Haha, my post does sound wierd, now that I'm rereading it.

capthavoc123 0

Your options are A) quit your job or B) deal with it. You can be a whiny bitch either way, though, so keep on truckin' with that. Welcome to the service industry.

Man, I'd go home. I wouldn't even care. You're a clerk anyways, so it's not like they're going to miss you, so you can walk out any time and not worry about it.

quivx 7

I hate to say this but, if you cried and shook for literally two hours, maybe you needed this to toughen up a bit.

The boss shoulda seen it from your perspective, of course, but you can also see it from his. His actions were cruel, but his words were absolutely right. Sounds like he's been roughed up a few times and is a stronger person for it, though of course the down side is his obvious lack of compassion. No vote from me on this one.

poor apfluxx, you've obviously never watched the maury povich show. The look of fear on those guys faces just before the verdict is priceless. Oh btw, apluxx, you.....ARE the father!!

Way to be sexist. Not everyone fits the stereotype.

i know is hard, but think positive, at least he didnt make u pay for all the things that were robbed. i know some bosses that would have.

i know is hard, but think positive. at least he didnt make u pay for the things that were robbed. i know some bosses that would have.

nyuu1234 0