By erockinthesuburb - 11/04/2012 16:25 - United States - Algonquin

Today, I was stopped and searched by a cop, and he quickly found the bag of weed in my pocket. He didn't arrest or fine me, but he did confiscate my weed and told me to "get lost." Pretty sure I just got legally mugged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 924
You deserved it 41 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shouldn't of had it in the first place... You got lucky kid.

blazeheartsmythe - If you truly believe that marijuana is harmless, all that tells me is that the pot has already rotted your brain. Instead of blindly railing at people who DARE to insult your precious weed, try doing some ACTUAL ******* MEDICAL RESEARCH. Oh wait, I have to assume that you're too brain dead to do that yourself. Well fortunately I've done it for you. Marijuana has been shown to cause chronic bronchitis, increases the risk of anxiety and depression, and it suppresses the immune system, making you more prone to infections. It also is linked to membranous glomerulonephritis, coronary vasospasm, emphysema, and spontaneous pneumothorax. This is not anectodal evidence, idiot. These are respected medical journals which I read and you DON'T. I promise you, don't **** with me when it comes to actual medical information, because I guarantee you WILL LOSE.

Comments

There's nothing legal about it but seriously, wtf? You want to complain he didn't arrest you? You need bigger problems man if that's what you're complaining about.

Maaaan, how would you feel if someone took your weed? If you don't have a job that shot ain't cheap. It adds up over time when you smoke everyday.

So why smoke if you can't afford it?

I can afford it, but if someone took it I wouldnt be able to get more for another week or soo

JordanDempsey 20

How about you grow up and actually do something with your life that doesn't involve sitting on your ass all day staring at a blank tv screen?

jojj351 12

516- i don't smoke it, I think it should be legal though. and you're the one who needs to grow up insulting other people. Seriously be an adult. Do you know what thus person does in their life? No. You just see they made a pro pot comment and you assume the rest of their life. You don't know if they have social anxiety and need the weed to calm them down. You don't know if they started at a young age because they're parents forced them. You do not know their life, so do not make an insult abut it.

Also smoking pot EVERY day gives you the title of drug addict

You poor, poor thing. You got caught with an illegal substance and didn't have any major consequences. Woeeeeeee is youuuu!!

Y_u_no_smile 7

Is that even legal? If he didn't have a motive to search you, then he would not have been aloud to pat you down.

you are correct. however when OP allowed the cop to search him, the cop probably saw OPs ignorance as an opportunity to get some free weed, and who doesn't like free weed. Had the cop charged him that would mean he would have to probably go to court and try to lower the charge and any lawyer would say 'hey was there probable cause for a search' and if there wasn't the charge would have been dismissed but the weed still in evidence (as opposed to the cops pocket). This shit happens all the time. Not everyone knows all of their rights and don't want to question authority. again, this is assuming the cop had no probable cause to search him.

54 is right, if op gave permission or voluntarily empty his pockets those pigs can search you. My #1 rule; deny, deny, deny... until they show up at your house with a warrant of course :(

and i just rattled all of that off and could be completely wrong, i assumed OP is from US, I cant see the location, and i honestly have no idea what the laws are elsewhere

Y_u_no_smile 7

Well I live in the Netherlands where, as you may know, pot in certain quantities is "tolerated". So I'm not aware of any punishment you get for possession in the US :/ (OP is from Illinois) but seeing the comments I'm guessing OP got lucky. But you can bet your ass that I would so drag that cop to court if it wasn't voluntary or with reason lol :p

Y_u_no_smile 7

allowed* You're right, sorry. Trying to type English while speaking another language (Dutch) is difficult :p I wrote it the way it would sound in Dutch, without even thinking :)

Good for you sir, remebering past fmls:P But I don't think she Intent to sell it :o....

If you knew anything, you should be happy. Because you didnt lie you got a warning. It happens all the time. Hoping you learn, the next time you wont be so lucky.

where does it say she got a warning? He said 'get lost'. where does it say she was honest? I personally believe honesty is the best policy but i do not believe for one second that the cop 'gave her a warning' because 'she was honest' . I think he saw an opportunity and took it....it does happen all the time, but that's a chance you take when you have illegal shit on you.

Were you hoping to be arrested instead?

Well you shouldnt have had a bag of weed in your poket

you're a dumbass for having it on you and smoking weed period.. but out of respect you should've rolled it up and offered him a couple of hits

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

You really shouldn't be putting your phone number in your profile. Just a friendly suggestion.

ceegee415 5