By erockinthesuburb - 11/04/2012 16:25 - United States - Algonquin

Today, I was stopped and searched by a cop, and he quickly found the bag of weed in my pocket. He didn't arrest or fine me, but he did confiscate my weed and told me to "get lost." Pretty sure I just got legally mugged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 925
You deserved it 41 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shouldn't of had it in the first place... You got lucky kid.

blazeheartsmythe - If you truly believe that marijuana is harmless, all that tells me is that the pot has already rotted your brain. Instead of blindly railing at people who DARE to insult your precious weed, try doing some ACTUAL ******* MEDICAL RESEARCH. Oh wait, I have to assume that you're too brain dead to do that yourself. Well fortunately I've done it for you. Marijuana has been shown to cause chronic bronchitis, increases the risk of anxiety and depression, and it suppresses the immune system, making you more prone to infections. It also is linked to membranous glomerulonephritis, coronary vasospasm, emphysema, and spontaneous pneumothorax. This is not anectodal evidence, idiot. These are respected medical journals which I read and you DON'T. I promise you, don't **** with me when it comes to actual medical information, because I guarantee you WILL LOSE.

Comments

knoxxx 22

Why is this even on here? OP can't just be searched by a cop for no reason, she was obviously doing something illegal/suspicious in the first place. And then the cop is nice enough to let her go with just a warning! You could be in jail! This isn't an FML at all, Madame ComplainsALot, be grateful for how lucky you actually were.

I'm going to raise a different point than the huge "is pot hermful debate". The cop could have arrested and taken OP in not only losing the weed but having a record and even potentially jail time. Cops don't make the laws they enforce them. This cop letting OP go is a good thing. So cry me a river you lost a bit of weed. At least you're not in jail or have a drug offense on your record.

This shouldn't be a fml. More like a oh thank god. You could be in jail right now.

linkinpark98 23

Weed brings out the stoner in everybody…. I bet that cop went back and hot boxed his police car. XD

itssjulia 13

Dude that police is probably going to get high, that's probably why he let you off the hook

That's what I would do if I was a cop, if I arrested someone I wouldn't be able to smoke it. Hell yeah.

SpeakOutLoud 1

How is this an FML? you got lucky!

U should know u have the right to refuse a search ydi for not knowing ur rights

The justice system is already backed up more then 10% is just weed users and besides a judge would need to sign the warrant and for a judge to do so the cop must have reasonable suspicion and exercising your rights isn't reasonable suspicion